Unreal Badlands question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Leroi

Mar 18, 2004
Hi folks,

I just installed Unreal Badlands 1.1 and according to the player guide, there should have been a shortcut created in the game menu to choose to play the game.

Running Badlands
----------------
1. Use the new Badlands shortcut to start Badlands.
2. When the intro map begins to play, pressing "Esc" at any time will bring up the standard menu bar.
3. From the "Game" menu, choose "Play Unreal Badlands".
4. Under "Gametype", choose "Badlands: Wanted, "Badlands: Shootout", or "Badlands: CTF".

but no such shortcut was created in the game menu. Is there a way to run the game from the console and if so how?

Thanks for any advice.

Leroi

Mar 18, 2004
I installed the 1.2 patch and still no joy. I really don't know what to do...

Presario 5005R, Windows ME, 16MB TNT2

Leroi

Mar 18, 2004
If I disable OldSkool, I get the "start badlands" menu item in the game menu, but when I click it, I get the "practice session" menu instead of Badlands and there are no Badlands maps listed there...

I may have to "uninstall" Badlands manually? I've never had to uninstall a mod before, it does not appear to have an uninstaller and does not appear in add/remove programs.

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
If you need to uninstall a umod, use setup.exe in ut/system to select it.
I've had mods corrupt the practice session window before. Not really sure what causes it, bad code or bad installs that break the gametype selections. May have some .int lurking around the sys dir from a mod that was partially removed or something in an ini holding info for something that's no longer installed.
Messy installs and leftover uninstalls are usually the perp. I'm usually too lazy to figure out exactely what the cause is and end up wiping the dir and reinstalling.

Leroi

Mar 18, 2004
zynthetic said:
If you need to uninstall a umod, use setup.exe in ut/system to select it.

Thanks, that I'll do next time. I didn't realize that was an option...

zynthetic said:
I've had mods corrupt the practice session window before. Not really sure what causes it, bad code or bad installs that break the gametype selections. May have some .int lurking around the sys dir from a mod that was partially removed or something in an ini holding info for something that's no longer installed.
Messy installs and leftover uninstalls are usually the perp. I'm usually too lazy to figure out exactely what the cause is and end up wiping the dir and reinstalling.

I've never uninstalled any mods from UT before, but I just uninstalled/reinstalled the whole UT game program, not sure if I'll reinstall Badlands or not. I did install Legacy, and then OldSkool 2.39 since the OldSkool included with Legacy is an old version.

I'm going to find my old posts where I received some answers on how to fix my sound, it's cutting out on me again now...

Thanks again.

Leroi

Mar 18, 2004
Just to let you know, Badlands is a lot of fun. I finally figured out how to get it started. The problem was between the chair and the keyboard, nothing to do with the mod.

seeker3

Mar 8, 2010
Abbotsford BC
How to reload?

I thought I would play this just to have a look at it,and I've found that the weapons don't reload.Is there a key for this or is it bug?:)

seeker3

Mar 8, 2010
Abbotsford BC
Yeah I know,but the r key didn't work.LOL But I figured out that you get extra ammo from the playing cards,so I guess there is no reload:)

Ghoulz

Feb 7, 2009
I like Badlands, it's really slow paced compared to nearly every other mod. None of that silly rocket dodging and bunny hops and running 20 mph at a constant. And it's not messed up like where INF bots can insta kill you right when you spot them.

Reloading is really slow, but it makes it all that more accurate, even more so than movies where you see guys with 6 shooters fire a dozen times:p

Blade_hunter

Unreal tournament mod dude
Jan 23, 2008
I like badlands as well and the expansion pack is the summum of the awesomeness for this mod.
I love especially the bear traps and the moonshine.
No other UT mods feature that kind of stuff

If you want to play badlands you can always see through the gametypes they are featured that way no need to use the starting map witch couldn't work if you have other Unreal games with UE1.