Uhmm......lame? (poll)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Aug 7, 2000
I played some TDM yesterday...when I played Tempest there was some guy who was constantly camping the shield belt.....

Problem was, while standing on the place where the SB respawns he always started chatting with a friend....when you attacked this guy you could expect a lot of flaming because I was 'typekilling' ......this guy did this the whole match, and when it was finished ( I won :)) I got another load of flammage for no apparent reason....

This guy was from a clan called {FRE/\|<$},which is 1337 for 'freaks'.....I think it wasn't lame to kill this guy everytime I saw him 'typecamping'.......what do you think?

-Revenant

Xadhoom

Sleping at this Forum
Nov 29, 2000
Husum, Sweden
www.geocities.com
Usualy when i get killed while tyiping i think that i have myself to blame that i was killed so i dont think its lame to kill someone who is typing...

but the other guy i would call lame..

JuiceEggsMcKenna

MC68060/50
Aug 31, 2000
Australia
clivebarker.net
TDM should be treated like CTF or DOM. There is no camping, only defending/controlling an area. There is no typekilling, only blowing ppl away while they communicate with their team.

Trying to use typing as an excuse to hold off attackers while you camp a power-up is really lame :)

Necroth

Former WeeDHead
Mar 7, 2000
Visit site
i stopped beeing nice to typers, cuz next time you start typing, they often frag you as graditude of not fragging them.
And specially when they start to talk where the Items lies, thats just for me an easy kill.
If you don't want to play and chat, use IRC, thats where that thingy is added for in the first place, and if you have to chat in UT self, do it with feigh deadth or so, in a corner, or on a out-of-the-side place, but not on a shieldbeld.

So FRAG THEM :D

Xhalted1

Skilled
Dec 20, 2000
Brooklyn, NY
Visit site
What I do/did

I used to face a wall in a corner when I wanted to type. I figured no one would be lame enough to kill me when I did that. But.. I was wrong :(

Now I only talk/type when I am dead.

Wolf Blackstar

That other Wing Commander guy
Dec 13, 1999
Tau Ceti V
www.angelfire.com
Hehehe.......someone here hasn't played the Smileys in TDM yet.

In TDM, you gotta get the frags any way you can. So long as it isn't outright cheating, anything is acceptable.

And if the motherf*cker stops to type, frag his ass anyway. It's his own fault.

]LoL[Wolf|PuF

* ]LoL[Wolf`mIRC 8)'s @ jenny
* jentaii`fuck 8)@wolfie
<]LoL[Wolf`mIRC> =)
<BladeRadius> Jen that didnt look right

-
chainsaw.GIF

utcacbutton.gif

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
I agree with JuiceEggsMcKenna. No typekilling, just blowing them away while they talk. :D

If you see me typing in a game, which ranges from rare/often depending on how many buddies are in the same game, feel free to shoot me, I'm past caring! :D

Aug 7, 2000
Next time I see this guy, I'll ask him if his strategy also works for the Redeemer in November.......I want to see him camp that one..... :D

-Revenant

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
If you see me in UT...

Frag me.

If you see me chatting in UT,

Frag me.

If you see me chatting while facing a wall,

Frag me.

If you see me chatting while feigning death,

Frag me.

If you see me chatting while standing near a powerup,

Frag me and take the powerup.

If you see me chatting while holding the flag,

Telefrag me, so you automatically return your flag.

Believe me, I will do the same to you without a second of hesitation.

If someone complains that you typekilled him, give him this link. http://www.mirc.com

Troll|PuF

Poetic Terrorist
May 2, 2000
Temporary Autonomous Zone
LOL Boom!

hehehe

There IS however, one time when I will not typekill. If I started the conversation. But then I frequently type while moving, we mouserunners can do that. I can't like....type the Declaration of Independence or anything but if I'm on a map I know well, and I know my way is clear down that hallway, I will take my fingers off my strafe keys and type a one-handed "Heya SoandSo" or a one handed "Nice One!". If I have done that, and I round the corner to see the person I spoke to with his hand to his ear, I will never ever shoot at him. I'll blow myself up with those loaded rockets before I'll typekill him. I said something, he was replying.

But then I'm so l33t I can afford to lose the frag ;)

Aug 7, 2000
?!? I thought I was the only PuF who uses his mouse for movement....?

Everyone says it sux.....but I think it works fine, especially if you have 6 buttons on it :).....this way I can use my left hand for my very important binds like 'Hahaha' and 'That had to hurt' (couldn't live without those).......

-Revenant

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
Originally posted by [ACE]Revenant
?!? I thought I was the only PuF who uses his mouse for movement....?

Everyone says it sux.....but I think it works fine, especially if you have 6 buttons on it :).....this way I can use my left hand for my very important binds like 'Hahaha' and 'That had to hurt' (couldn't live without those).......

-Revenant

Heck! after reading Troll's message I may bind my wheel buton (depressing the wheel) to jump, that way with my mouse I can run shoot and jump while typing the Declaration of Independence with the left hand!!!!!

"When in the course of human events it becomes necessary...."

By the way, my opinion, casual to even semi-serious 1v1 matches RARE and OCCAISIONAL chatting can be looked over (I mean if they chat everytime you walk into the same room, shoot 'em). Sometimes playing RA matches I'll see the person typing and I'll run somehwere else, BUT ONLY if I know the person. If not, I'll frag 'em and chalk it up to an "accident," after all UT doesn't have the BIG BLUE BUBBLE BALOON that q3a does.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
well if you could do that, who would need to worry about getting typekilled? :rolleyes:

I don't suppose you ever tried it before :p