Mods/Muties enjoyable in SP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
some updates :
Added in Weapon mutators :
Silver_Ibex released version 1.05 of his awesome Inf 2.75 extended.

Added in Various/Additional :
link to the "BlackCheetah stuff" thread, easier than tracking each of his hundred of mods and muties.

Added in Tools :
iSense link to the Ut reg fixer

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Weaponlord has about 100 weapons, 80 of which do mostly the same thing: Fire things really fast. It's forgivable though, I believe that was Parser's first work... and it did give rise to Weaponmage, which is absolutely incredible.

Plus not all the Weaponlord weapons are bombs. The Spreader is nice, and it's fun as hell changing the projectiles it fires. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

JimmyJ

CTF Craver
Dec 28, 2005
blah blah
Was Neo Cairo really good for SP? I remember playing it a long time ago and there wasn't any bot support at all :(

Elegnaim

Sep 3, 2005
I also recall Neo Cairo either not having bot support at all or being really unfinished in some other sense.

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
In Neo Cairo bots never used mechs if i remember well, they were only there as the pilots running around.

So personnally i didn't really found Neo Cairo fun in SP without bot support for the mechs, i just added the link because someone suggested it, certainly because he found some fun in it himself.

Last edited:

Elegnaim

Sep 3, 2005
Came upon CreeperCTF, although apparently bots don't like that much. Anyone know of any OTHER artifact/rune expansion mutators that WOULD work okay with bots?

Elegnaim

Sep 3, 2005
Also, dunno if WF should be on here, as apparently that has very limitted bot support. They work a bit better in Q2's weapon factory, as in, they'll drop sentries, but they don't lay trip mines or switch weapons or... yeah.

UNF's bots are quite good, although not all of the maps are pathed properly to support sentries and stuff. Still, everything a human player can do, bots can do. There are a few things I don't see them doing that much, though. Scouts and Marksmen RARELY use stationary mortars (they DO use them. I've seen it happen) but this doesn't really limit their effectiveness and I'm not sure mortars are even that useful to begin with. Also, I'm not sure if the classes with caltrops use them effectively or not (pretty sure they do use them, though). Also not entirely sure spies and heavies upgrade sentries or not. Armourers are pretty good about maintaining them though.

Anyway, I'm working on altering some of the maps to support bots better. Which isn't as easy as I'd hoped because I have no idea how to use UnrealEd but I'm making progress (although I'm still mystified as to why nobody builds turrets in CP matches. Also, I'm not really sure how to get demomen to consistently blow up explodable terrain, or get rangers to disarm detpacks). I did get RockIsDead working pretty well, though, although bots still don't take some of the more out-of-the way routes (and I'm not really sure what strategic reason they'd have for doing so anyway).

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
I have made some cleanup, trying to get new links for the dead ones (since september, several links died)
But i can't find alternative for :

Tactical Ops 2.2.0
Can't find any links to this specific version of Tactical-Ops, the current link in the opening post is going nowhere anymore.

NGStatFix (seems like www.unrealtournament.com has been wiped out and replaced by www.unrealtournament3.com , damn atari), and the UT support pages seems to have gone missing too with the NGStatfix along.
I have found this page :
http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6655
But i have strictly no idea if it is the same NGStatFix supposed to be on the atari UT support page before they deleted it.

While cleaning up, i noticed usaar33 website ( http://www.usaar33.com/ ) seems to have disappeared again, fortunately his webpage is mirrored there :
http://astaley.beyondunreal.com/main.html

It has been a while i have not given a look to UT modding news, so if i missed something that would be worthy of adding there, just suggest it in reply.