2.9 Keyboard "bug" and other odd issues.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Let me state for the record...
I think INF2.9 is the best game I've ever played. Please continue with a sequel and give us INF3.0 (which will hopefully top this game, without changing anything other than the engine and new weapons). With that said...

When I use the drop-down menu (page down) and select a new loadout, exit the menu and try to move, I cannot. I'm using the arrow keys to move. After I exit the QA menu, the arrows don't register until I hit them about 6 times or so. Sometimes longer. Not sure what the problem is, but it does effect gameplay for me, just wondering if this is universal for others or if it's just my case? I think I could strafe, but the foward key wouldn't work? I'll have to check and pay more attention next time. I usually just get angry and beat the keyboard (and yes, it works fine ;p)

Also, as stated before, the HUD is really, really bright.
And not to sound like a jerk, but I've noticed also, that when I use the robar, and have a 100% steady shot zeroed in on a tango, it usually misses when they're prone. Is there a special spot to aim for at prone player in INF2.9? I usually have to shoot at the chest portion about 3 to 4 times for it to register (and yes, I ALWAYS hold my breath when I shoot).

Sorry for the long and maybe offensive post. I really do appreciate this game and will always love it. Just wondering if you guys ever experienced these problems. :D

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
[LD]CrAcWhOrE said:
When I use the drop-down menu (page down) and select a new loadout, exit the menu and try to move, I cannot. I'm using the arrow keys to move. After I exit the QA menu, the arrows don't register until I hit them about 6 times or so. Sometimes longer. Not sure what the problem is, but it does effect gameplay for me, just wondering if this is universal for others or if it's just my case? I think I could strafe, but the foward key wouldn't work? I'll have to check and pay more attention next time. I usually just get angry and beat the keyboard (and yes, it works fine ;p)
Have you tried using a key other than pagedown? Perhaps that key is causing some issue when held down.

And not to sound like a jerk, but I've noticed also, that when I use the robar, and have a 100% steady shot zeroed in on a tango, it usually misses when they're prone. Is there a special spot to aim for at prone player in INF2.9? I usually have to shoot at the chest portion about 3 to 4 times for it to register (and yes, I ALWAYS hold my breath when I shoot).
Check your range. Both sniper rifles are set for a 500m or so zero (RTK is roughly 500ish from hill-to-hill), so the shot will hit a bit high before this range. The robar shoots pretty flat, so you shouldn't have to aim too low.

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
I play with the arrow keys for the movements too , but for the menu i use the BACKSPACE key (i think it is its english name, whatever .. it is the key just above the big ENTER key) and i have no problem , so you should try it to see if it helps

cracwhore

Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I figured out exactly what happens now. I have the default "page down" set for the menu. Now, when I hit "page down" and then try to hit "foward arrow", it refuses to work for about 6 seconds. Left and Right arrows work for some reason. No clue what that could be.

Yurch, I wasn't talking about bullet-drop or anything. I know you have to lead targets. I'm talking at point blank range. Maybe 3 ft., if that. I've just noticed a lot of problems using the scoped sniper rifles and having the hits not count. I can pin-point headshots with the FA MAS all the way across Cuban Dawn, but I can't hit somebody from 3ft. away with the robar zeroed on their chest? Something is wrong there ;p. Oh, and that fully manual Robar is the best idea ever....Mmmmmm...I like the increased difficulty with the scopes because it makes it an actual occupation to be a sniper...but I have to say "BS" 90% of the time when my steady scope is on a target's body, and I see the smoke hit a wall 2 ft. to the left of him (when the target is rougly 30ft. away ;/). Doesn't make much sense to me..guess I'll stick with the FA MAS iron sights. :)

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
That could be caused by the infamous hillbug which I have seen crop up a few times already in 2.9

It could also be that either you or your target was laggin out, so their position was different from what it appeared.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Could be a limitation of the keyboard. Certain keys can't be pressed at the same time. Which keys that are depends on the keyboard. With the key setup I use in games that don't use many buttons I can't crouch and strafe left and backwards at the same time. Good that Inf has a toggle crouch button. :D

cracwhore

Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
It was the end of the game and I wanted to thank my fellow sniper tag-team partner by shooting him in the chest....yet...I missed?