Life After Infiltration

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Bah, INSURGENCY still has no low-ready.

I don't think freeaim makes aiming difficult, just more realistic. Crosshairs became useless, sticking a crosshair on screen is useless, spraying and hoping one of the shots will hit the target inside the cone is useless (except YOU move the gun and make it happen).

Freeaim supports the real hand-eye coordination. Something better can't exist with a screen/mouse gaming system.

BTW, I disagree with the free moving sights. When you aim you do not lower the sights, if you do so you open both eyes, which changes the whole sight view (not centered).

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
Everything I have played since INF has not been as good as INF. It was luck to even find INF in the first place, so maybe I just need to look around more. First to Fight attempts to be realistic, but it still has the dreaded cone fire. Besides that, movement is slow for a fps. I don't play many online games anymore because most are dissappointing. Take BF2 for instance. As much fun as it is, it also sucks.

Pipe_Dream

3-time World Champion Bowler
Oct 22, 2004
Portland, OR
Take BF2 for instance. As much fun as it is, it also sucks.

Yeah, I'm kinda over it already. I bought the Special Forces addition and have played less than two hours. It's got some cool sh1t, but the maps and fegs get old. It's such a big community that it's very difficult to stalk and harass the fukn jerks who play like their points and rank mean something.

Burn! Burn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:blueflag: :blueflag: :blueflag: :blueflag: :blueflag:

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
I used to play DOD 3.1 and loved it to death. That was when you could still play on WON instead of steam. The HL1 engine had sound done just right. The filtering and rolloff, you could actually hear someone's position. (So much better than in Inf).

BTH

Dickcheese Faggot
Nov 12, 2005
Spain
i'd rather play CS than BF2. Its such a bad game. About hearing someone's position, ive never seen a game where you can do it as well as in INF. How about making the INF engine, we're all a bunch of elitists, we dont care about how good the game looks, just how good the game is :p

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
They is no life after Infiltration, Infiltration was the life. Stepping back again is hard.
Insurgency is the single chance (maybe Point of Contact too), but Insurgency simply won't have the kind of realism Infiltration has (and would have, if...).
Rainbow Six Lockdown will suck even more than Raven Shield did and I hate Raven Shield.
About Point of Contact I can't say anything yet.

Conclusion: Infiltration is the way.

LepraKip

May 13, 2001
mm, from aoe1 and duke nuke 'em with classmates i went to play freespace 2 online, then changed to infiltration for a long time. atm, i played a mmorpg called dark age of camelot (yeah yeah.. :eek:). from realism to the total opposite :D

sometimes i play bf2, its fun but nothing compared to inf.. a big part of this game was the community, i doubt you'll find one of those anywhere else. at least i havnt yet :)