UE2 - UT2kX Modding for Maps?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Median12

Mapper
Sep 18, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
I am making a Community MOD for UT2004, a Single-Player.. Occupant17.

I am fine with the making of the maps/movies etc.. but I am a bit lost again, I thought this was the the best place to ask.

I added a post to this site in Modding but they seem to either be for certain MOD's or for UT99 so I though i'd ask here.

I have a nvidiaLogo (new one) start movie and a new Menu, new Logo/music/textures and maps.

But being a mapper I have no idea how to make a MOD in the Community section of UT2004.

I am fine at changing .u files btw is that has any relevance.

I know this is maybe the wrong place to type this, but finding a tutorial to download on MOD making.. and all I got was 404 errors because UT2004 is so old.

Very annoying.

So if someone can help i'd be very happy.

Last edited:

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
Try taking a look at the Old UDN-Two website here, the sitemap is pretty good but does not have direct links anymore to a lot of individual pages.

This UDN-Two Mod page might be useful to you, also this one.

[Edit] It sounds like you might be looking for this as a way to make your mod "activatable" when selecting it from within UT2004 kind of like those other large total conversion mods.

Last edited: