CTF-LastHope testing/tweaking time!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

spec_x

DA2 Project Lead/Level Designer
Dec 10, 2002
Redmond, WA
Hey guys, haven't posted anything here in a while so I figured I'd do it now. This is a little map I dinked around with for a couple weeks. I had like one person beta test it as I was in a hurry to get it done for a project so I've decided to post it here for you all. It might actually be the first map I want reviewed so I want to make sure it doesn't completely suck. It's posted at nalicity at the moment because my server is down so I'll post that link and some screenshots. Thanks guys!

Download me!

LastHope1.jpg
LastHope2.jpg
LastHope3.jpg

hwkwndl5

Sep 10, 2005
not bad. a pretty classic 2 ways to the flag with a few underground switch ups that bring you back to the middle. not a good layout for less than 5x5. if you spawn left, and he runs right, you really need others to cover what you cann't.
you have filled your hallways with a lot of detail, lights and sounds. nice.
for all the times you use the same bsp arches and trim, you would be better off converting them, making them static meshes. maybe next time. your FPS are not bad, but could be better.
this map could have some higher defense points, but you block those areas, so its mostly ground fighting.
in the flag rooms you have grate covers that are universaly used for lifts. very confusing.
very, very fine terrain areas with shadow effects, but your skybox isn't as good as the open areas look.
do the bots use the lower areas? i never saw them go there unless they were chasing me.
nice map, cann't wait to see the final.