UnWheel Dedicated Server

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
Hey I am trying to learn how to run a dedicated server and think i have some of the basics down now and was thinking of setting up a UnWheel dedicated server and wanted to get everyones take on it, if it sounds like a good idea to you, what would you like to see it running, would it be a helpful tool for testing maps from a players point of view, ect...

Also if any one has tried this already. I would be interested in how it went? If you ever got one up running correctly and if so what kinds of problems can i expect. So far all i have done is run a dedicated server for, halo pc, some ut 2003 and ut2004 with an ons map and a assult rotation.

PS: my bandwidth is about 2800 down 256 up

thanks

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
Hey Shrimp

Hey Shrimp
I got a server to run with the attached syntax but if someone tries to join they get this error "incompatible game files .../system/UnWheelVehicles.u"
I also get the error when i try to join by lan.
Any Ideas?
Thanks

Attachments

• runserver.JPG
    runserver.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 31

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
jerdaygo said:
Hey Shrimp
I got a server to run with the attached syntax but if someone tries to join they get this error "incompatible game files .../system/UnWheelVehicles.u"
I also get the error when i try to join by lan.
Any Ideas?
Thanks

did you add the correct server packages to your UT2003.ini?

I believe it is
ServerPackage = UnWheel
ServerPackage = UnWheelVehicles

Correct me If I'm wrong though because I don't want to break anybody's UnWheel.

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
Thanks that did it on my end,(I totally forgot to do that when i set up my new UnWheel install thanks) havent had anyone avalible to try it online yet, I am going to leave it up for a while, I am looking into why its not advertising the server, so if you want to try connecting to it my IP address is 68.13.143.136
Its running citytrack right now. Once the final 2003 version is out I plan to do a rotation instead of one track at a time, I cant remember what tracks come with UnWheel and which ones are new ones so I will do that once the new version is out.

Last edited:

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
Diego1203 said:
I just tried it out by myself and it works fine.

In UT2003 Host Multiplayer Game settings there's one "Advertise the server" checkbox. I don't know whether that'll fix it though, but you can give it a try

Last edited:

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
well I am using the 2003 dedicated server and not the retail copy, when i used the ut2k4 dedicated server it advertised it just fine, I think you just need a server key for it to be public and i have one set up for 2k3 and 2k4.

Last edited:

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
that problem was solved(project x), my new problem is that the server dosent advertise itself, it works fine in all other game types

joining is a snap by IP, it is currently runnning and will for another 12 hours untill i shut it down to work on it again

Last edited: