Tribes: Ascend

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Oh no....

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4kEmNLygDo[/m]

Laughed a little too hard at "I am soo cool". This is horrible.

Loving the man-voiced grumpy "Good game" though. :)

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
There's definitively something up with the XP, it's either nerfed or broken.

Highest I got was 692 xp with VIP account, top player of team, won the match, 2 flag captures, ~10 minutes match.

Lowest was 176 xp on a 8 minute lost second place.

What the fuck.

And nice frag vid. Not sure about the dub step, video effects weren't too annoying, highlights on plates is a nice touch.
Speaking of nice touch, the equalizer in the sky HUD is also one.

Sometimes I'd like to see more than omgomgomg blue plates. There's a lot of weapons in this game. I don't ask for a fractal grenade frag video, but you know, Thumper love? Chaingun/smg aimbot love? Plasma gun for the lols love?

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Wow, I am about to pull my hairs off.

First, I noticed that whenever I am trying to /votekick someone, it doesn't work anymore (someone was being a complete douche so I had to do it)

Second, I just finished a very tight Sunstar game. The game lasted ~28 minutes, really long match on overtime... our team lost 4-5.

I compared XP with other players, players below me would have near double my XP only with VIP. I have VIP. I was second place.

I have no idea what is going on, I'm about to create an account and post it on their forums see if I am not the only one with this problem. /r/tribes won't give a shit and downvote the thread to oblivion so I won't bother.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
subreddit for a game is a shithole, who woulda thunk.

How much XP did you get for that match Kantham? Sounds like it should be around 2800-3000?

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
subreddit for a game is a shithole, who woulda thunk.

It's all about updates and good laugh post/threads, people don't give a shit about anything else really.

How much XP did you get for that match Kantham? Sounds like it should be around 2800-3000?

Which one? I've compared with other people to find out about it.

But I will post some screenshots of evidence tomorrow, this should be a better way of explaining my "problem"
If anyone has a VIP and no boost, please post some screen caps showing your XP, score, win/lost and time. I want to compare with you.

Last edited:

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
huh, if you dig you can find the formulas they use to count it up. I'm boosted atm, so I can't help you. Usually for a time limit no OT game, VIP, I get 2-2.5k. Obviously over 3 for FWOTD.

I don't really pay much attention to performance bonus, but I'm rarely not in the top 3 on my team.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
The formula for XP is roughly this (I believe the fractions are less rounded):

Base XP = (Time played in seconds) * 0.5833
Bonus XP = ((win or loss[1/0]) * (Base XP * 0.25)) + (Base XP * 0.25) / (scoreboard rank)
VIP = (Base XP + Bonus XP) * 1.5
Boost = (Base XP + Bonus XP + VIP) * 2

(TIME * 0.6) + ( (?WIN) * ( (TIME * 0.15) + (TIME * 0.15 / BOARD) ) * (?VIP * 1.5) * (?BOOST * 2)

Where:
TIME is the length of time spent in the match in seconds (28*60)
?WIN is a boolean if you won or not (1)
BOARD is your leaderboard position on your team (2)
?VIP is a boolean if you're VIP or not (1)
?BOOST is a boolean if you're boosted or not (0)

So if Kanthams case: (28*60*0.6) + (1*28*60*0.15) + (28*60*0.15 / 2) * (1*1.5) * (0*2)

That's a base XP of 1008, a bonus of 378, and an extra 693 for VIP giving 2079XP for the match. Note that this doesn't include medals that can inflate the bonus a lot.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Nice post.

Yeah, the guy on the winning team said to have made 2k in that match.

but I lost that match, so the formula resemble to this:

(28*60*0.6) + (0*28*60*0.15) + (28*60*0.15 / 2) * (1*1.5) * (0*2)

That's around what I had . So, if you lose a 20+ minutes match, you lose a very big XP opportunity. I really don't like the idea of having this: (0*28*60*0.15) for losing, 0 is harsh and eliminates too much XP over a long period of time, (0.5*28*60*0.15) for losing would be at least something.

I'm still a little anxious, I will post some screens today.
This new matchmaking has been giving me a shit-ton less XP, I suppose I lose more often than I realize.. Sometimes I just feel like leaving every short match we're winning just so I can win a very long game with FWOTD and then drop the game for the day.

Also, can anyone tell me what happens if you try to votekick someone? It tells me the following message:

"You may not votekick at this time"

I hope it's a global setting, it just seems wrong. I'm pretty sure it's global, but I'm just trying to make sure.

Last edited:

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
If you lose but still do well, it's half the bonus as if you'd won, and the bonus is generally around half of your normal earnings so it isn't that bad. What sucks is if you're a capper who caps 4 times and still loses, because your scoreboard position could be something like 6-7th in a lot of games.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Someone said on the tribes forums that there's a bug where you don't get XP for entering vehicles. I hope that is wrong.

There's just definitively something wrong about this.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
While I know english isn't your first language, definitive is not the same as definite.

Back on topic: I really, really enjoy playing permafrost.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
And that was it. I can confirm there's a XP bug when you use vehicles. Best advice is to stay the fuck away from them until they fix it.

Sigh.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Yeah, seems like buffing the impulse on the soldier's spinfusor was a really bad idea. It was already strong enough in my opinion.