Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Boondock Saints II - 6/10

I lol'd. Found it enjoyable for the most part, I suppose. Some moments of comedy really edged the whole package up above average for me, as well as the scene stealing cameo at the end. What didn't work were the plethora of gay jokes (not that they were gay jokes, but because there were one too many of them, and while the first film didn't shy away from them either it at least had other funny scenes to go with it, whereas this film does not). I also was surprised that the Rocco scene didn't work. That guy stole the first movie for me, along with Dafoe. But Rocco's "Dream Sequence" scene in this one just kinda felt awkward and distracting. In fact, pretty much all I enjoyed the first movie had to do with these two characters, and their absence in the sequel really stands out. But the movie is not nearly as horrible as all my friends were telling me it was. I don't quite understand all the hate I'm hearing about it. So what if it's a 90s style action flick? You know what's worse than a 90s era action flick? The era that came after it.

Last edited:

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Planet 51 5.5/10

Treading much of the same ground as Monsters Vs. Aliens, something about this does not quite gel. It's funny enough in places and the plot hook is a great idea but overall the humour sometimes seems forced and the movie in-jokes a little unsubtle. Pacing could have been better. The kids enjoyed it well enough but it really is an also-ran in a world with Pixar in it.

It is most definitely not a bad movie, merely underwhelming.

Transformers: RotF - even worse the second time round.

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
Ninja Assasin 7.5/10

It was a pretty good movie. Nothing super Epic, but it didn't suck by far. Very enjoyable.

The story is alittle thin. They talk about alot of things that should have had a part in the movie, but sadly, didn't.

The action was great, just bloody *and gorey* great!

Mastame

Dec 27, 2004
The Netherlands
The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3
Underwhelming. While watching I was hoping for something hidden, something extra, a plot twist or anything. Was disappointed. Just a regular "bad guys capture x, take hostages, demand ransom, and on from there" movie. 5.5/10

Bride Wars
It's supposed to be a comedy, but it just doesn't get funny. Not once. The only part of this movie that was mildly entertaining is Kristen Johnston's part as Deb. 4.5/10

/edit: oh and I hit up Inglourious Basterds on Friday, but like all other Tarantino movies, I just cannot rate it. I don't know what it is, I can never tell what I think of his movies. Is it bad? No, it's not bad. Is it good? Yes, I suppose. How good? Hell if I know.

Last edited by a moderator:

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3
Underwhelming. While watching I was hoping for something hidden, something extra, a plot twist or anything. Was disappointed. Just a regular "bad guys capture x, take hostages, demand ransom, and on from there" movie. 5.5/10
Is this the new one? I honestly can't tell from the description except to me the original is anything but underwhelming. It's a really good thriller actually and while there isn't a real twist at the end the ending shot is brilliant in its own way.
;)

I haven't seen the new one so I can't comment on that, except it looked rather generic from the trailer I've seen.

Silence of the Lambs
Pretty much a 10/10
Disturbing masterpiece but also pretty funny at times. "Would you?"

Mclogenog

I put the lol in philology
The Men Who Stare at Goats

7.5/10 - Worth watching

I laughed almost all the way through. I expected the plot to be darker and more serious than it was. The plot wasn't dark at all, but it worked. The characters are interesting, but references to obscure characters later in the film make the plot a little clunkier than it needs to be.

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
Harry Brown - Great film, well worth a watch. Shows the state the UK really is in :/

Law Abiding Citizen - Very enjoyable, recommended. Had never heard of this, although Jamie Foxx and Gerard Butler put in some great performances.

The Final Destination - One too many.

Zombieland - Great film.

Gamer - Wanted more gaming :3 some of the scenes were annoying to watch withthe amount of light flashes going on :/ Still recommendable.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
2012 - What?/10
Modern Day Noah's ark. Unlikeable "hero." Predictable plot devices. Only 'splosions.'
It sucks. Don't pay for it.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Gamer - 1.5/10

That's probably the worse movie my eyes have ever witnessed in my entire life, and i'm sad to notice the main cast is the same guy who casted in 300. I can't believe "Scary movie" and other movies directed by the same clowns end up 1.5 when that junk is 5.8 according to IMDB. I don't even know where to start, but I really did watch it from start to end.

The acting is beyond horrible for most of it, nothing actually makes sense, and it's clearly build up for the worse kids you find in the gaming community. Those that would give this piece of crap a 10/10, the same ego kids you find on Youtube.

Yeah. the movie has gore and tities. Wow, is it really a thing with society nowadays that the very instant some boobage is displayed it become a blatant 10/10? **** these retards.

Mastame

Dec 27, 2004
The Netherlands
Is this the new one? I honestly can't tell from the description except to me the original is anything but underwhelming. It's a really good thriller actually and while there isn't a real twist at the end the ending shot is brilliant in its own way.
;)

I haven't seen the new one so I can't comment on that, except it looked rather generic from the trailer I've seen.
I'm talking about the new one. ;) The original seems to be pretty good indeed (is also called The Taking of Pelham One Two Three, small detail).
And yeah, 'generic' is a pretty good way of describing the new one. :lol:

Inglorious Bastards: 8.5/10 - Quentin Tarintino never fails to deliver for my movie needs. Pitt was hilarious in this.

Star Trek (2009): 8.5/10 - I sat down wanting to hate this, but just couldn't. Other than Nimoy I don't know much of any of the new cast, and I'm betting that helped.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Gamer - 1.5/10

That's probably the worse movie my eyes have ever witnessed in my entire life, and i'm sad to notice the main cast is the same guy who casted in 300. I can't believe "Scary movie" and other movies directed by the same clowns end up 1.5 when that junk is 5.8 according to IMDB. I don't even know where to start, but I really did watch it from start to end.

The acting is beyond horrible for most of it, nothing actually makes sense, and it's clearly build up for the worse kids you find in the gaming community. Those that would give this piece of crap a 10/10, the same ego kids you find on Youtube.

Yeah. the movie has gore and tities. Wow, is it really a thing with society nowadays that the very instant some boobage is displayed it become a blatant 10/10? **** these retards.

Sounds like you are trying to take this movie seriously, when in fact this movie is not trying to be serious. With movies like this, just turn your brain off and take it for what it is and you might enjoy yourself more. Course you will be in a vegetative state and your friends will have to carry your ass out of the theatre, but that is part of the fun.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Gamer - 1.5/10

Kantham is mad at video game movies.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Across the Universe -- 7 or 8/10 -- It was good and I enjoyed it (and I tend not to like musicals that aren't animated) but I can't tell how much of that was my penis telling me the movie was great because Evan Rachel Wood was totally sexy in it. D: