1 Battle rifle...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
They didn't fail to penetrate the coats at all. They just failed to actually touch the person underneath, much less do any damage. And, yes, it was at long range. You wouldn't have seen the same effect if Kora had been composed of dense jungle and urban scenarios.

Arethusa

Jan 15, 2004
I... ye... what? I know English is not your first language, but please, I can't even begin to make sense of what you're saying.

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
WTF? I have no clue what he just said either. Maybe something about the MP5 also not being good at long range or something?

Meplat

Chock full-o-useless information
Dec 7, 2003
Phoenix,Arizona
*Shrugs* If it were supressed, that'd make sense. SMG's are not known for their sterling long range performance anyhow. Adding a can does not help.

Meplat-

Sardaukar

Aug 23, 2001
Eglin AFB, USA
Visit site
The Mkb42(H), H for Haenel, eventually became the Mp-43, and then the Stg-44. Walther also made an Mkb42, but it looked alot different than the Haenel produced version. The Mkb42's were issued to Waffen-SS kampfgrupped Wiking for trials on the Eastern front, ~150 were produced in 1942.

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
Maybe it's atleast slow enough to be subsonic once it goes through the suppressor. I remember distinctly someone pointing out that the MP5 in Inf doesn't need special subsonic ammo cause the .40 S&W round "is allready subsonic".

I like how one small, unintelligible comment by sire_edmond sets us all off on a technical debate... :lol:

Meplat

Chock full-o-useless information
Dec 7, 2003
Phoenix,Arizona
Gnam- Supressors can reduce the velocity of the projectile. Most intended for 9X19 SMG's and handguns do this, although they are much more efficient when used with dedicated subsonic munitions. Of note, the variant modelled in Infiltration is a subsonic loading, which should theoretically make the use of the can on the MP5 a bulk handicap only, instead of a bulk/ballistic handicap.(Within the range one would commonly use a supressed .40 S&W SMG.)

For refrence, the average off the shelf box of .40 S&W IS supersonic.

Meplat-

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
Ok, you mean it like "just barely", that's not a typical way I would use "hardly" but I get it. Is the 5.7mm subsonic as well? BTW, I know what you mean about subsonic making supressors "more efficient"...I shot an MP5SD4 with regular 9mm ammo... Doesn't sound anything like the supressed shots you hear in Inf or Socom, it of course wasn't anywhere near as loud as a normal gunshot, but it wasn't exactly quiet either, it was like a gas airsoft gun or maybe a paintball gun.

Arethusa

Jan 15, 2004
It was an uncommon usage, but not an incorrect one. Still, hardly, in that usage, sounds a lot more like 'not even close' than 'just barely.'

GruntX

Ruperts Handle war. Grunts Do war.
Feb 25, 2004
Sweden. Hate it.
Battle Rifles

STOP IT!

Time to get back to "Battle Rifles":

The G3 could use the same mags as the PSG-1, if the INF team would like the idea of a PSG-1 firing standard .308/7.62mm NATO ammo. The counter-sniper version of the G3 (G3A3 ZF) features a 6x scope and a bipod. Such a configuration is called an “accuraized” rifle. In INF, the G3A3 ZF would behave like a selective fire PSG-1, which is not very welcomed…
Delayed blowback, rolling lock and closed breech on the G3s, MP5s and PSG-1s: The breechblock does not move back until the bullet is far away and does not let the firing pin forward until the breech is completely closed. The delay is caused by "rollers". Check out some of the blueprints.

One of the FAL (SLR/L1A1 is single shot) configurations is the “accuraized” with a scope and heavy barrel but without bipod. Another is the paratrooper version with short barrel and retractable butt, two “standards”, both with normal barrels. The SLR/L1A1 has the plastic butt stock. The LMG version uses the heavy barrel and a bipod attached near the flash hider. There are both 20 and 30 round magazines. The 30 round mags were first made for the L4 BREN gun. The L4 version of the BREN gun is chambered for .308/7.62mm x 51mm NATO and appeared, as the FAL, in the fifties and was therefore built to take FAL/SLR/L1A1 magazines. The Minimi/M249 was built to accept STANAG mags from the M16, the L85 and the LSW (L86) in the SA80 series both uses STANAGs, the RPK/RPK74 mags/drums is similar to those used by the AKM/AK74 and AKMSU/AK74SU and so on.

The only upgraded M14 system I know about is the “accuraized” with scope, heavy barrel and maybe bipod. It will make it harder to single out the sniper from the rest of the platoon.

I like to see “standard” battle rifles in INF but I also realize that combinations like the G3A3/PSG-1 or, preferably, the FN FAL/BREN will be needed to make any impact on assault rifles and SMGs which fires in a completely flat trajectory…

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
Fourth, stop digging up old threads that everbody was happy to see die, only to go on to repeat half the shit that gets repeated as a daily mantra around here.

Lurk more.

fist_mlrs

that other guy
Jan 4, 2001
Zittau, Germany
www.fistmlrs.com
fith, just ignore jaunty, even his own mother does. and welcome to the forums, have a nice stay.

yes, necroposting is bad and the source of all evil in the world, but if he had posted a new discussion you would have been screaming "omg, omg, use teh search!!!1" :rolleyes:

Last edited: