UE3 - UT3 Decals only showing on one wall

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

robmason1

Oct 19, 2008
Hi everybody

I have followed hourences tutorial on creating and displaying decals. However when I right-click and choose Add actor, add decal (it is already selected in generic browser) it will only show up on walls that face a particular direction.

For example if I create a really simple box map and try and display a decal it will only show on one wall, not the floor, not the ceilings.

If it turns out this isn't a simple problem that somebody recognises then I will post a video of exactly what I do.

Thanks for your time

Rob

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
Did you rotate it to piont to the surface you want it on?
Like there is a arrow showing its direction, just rotate it untill the arrow is pointing at the surface you want.
if you tried that and it doesnt work make sure the surface has collision like.

EDIT: and you should of put all your questions into one thread :mad:

Last edited:

robmason1

Oct 19, 2008
Thanks

Aha, that did the trick, thanks! It doesn't say that bit in the tutorial.

And sorry about posting as seperate threads, I assumed it would be best to split my questions into relevant threads instead of having them all in one. I mean somebody searching for decals doesn't then want to read through a load of unrelated stuff do they!