What's your poison?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
I usually stick to Budweiser and Budweiser Light when I drink beer. I saw that these are some of the top sellers world wide. It appears that a beer called Snow is the number 1 seller based on reports I reviewed. Anyone here ever drink it? Your opinion please.

If I'm drinking beer I'm usually grabbing a Sam Adams or a Stella if I have a choice at either, though anything will do.

Never tried this Snow you speak of but I've always felt Bud tastes like a wet sock. But if that's all that is in the cooler, gimmie a Bud.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Today is my 506th day sober.

Alcohol is not for me.

(not that most of you care or anything, but it's something I'm proud of :))

Last edited:

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I don't normally drink beer (I'm a social drinker and don't like getting drunk), but if I were to choose something, it'd be a smooth milk stout like one from Nitro or Left Hand.

For alcoholic beverages, rum is usually my go-to choice.

As for other things, my poison in life is gaming.

AlteredForms

Apr 9, 2014
United Kingdom

Alcohol is not for me.

Congratulations Al. Yes, I'd rather not be part of the club who vomit their guts out on a Friday night and have wallets that have been pounded harder than Pamela Anderson.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars

Alcohol is not for me.

Congratulations Al. Yes, I'd rather not be part of the club who vomit their guts out on a Friday night and have wallets that have been pounded harder than Pamela Anderson.

It's all about self control. You don't have to be someone who "vomits their guts out on friday night etc." to enjoy the taste of wine or beer. Just don't be an idiot and use alcohol to drink your life away. Just enjoy it for a good taste, and know your limits. It's really not that hard.

I hardly drink alcohol though. Preferably Spanish red wine. Or some Irish or local beers. But in small amounts. That way it tastes better to me. And it's also nicer for my wallet ;)

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Jack or Kraken. Neat.

An overpriced scotch from time to time just to treat myself.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
I usually stick to Budweiser and Budweiser Light when I drink beer. I saw that these are some of the top sellers world wide. It appears that a beer called Snow is the number 1 seller based on reports I reviewed. Anyone here ever drink it? Your opinion please.

budweiser is the sugar water of "beers".
You'd be best to stay away from it.

Keeping in mind that I buy a case or 30 pack a day, if I'm low on cash I'll buy Pabst Blue Ribbon (as often as Miller Lite) and a bottle of GlenFiddich. Otherwise it's Fat Tire and a bottle of Glenlivet.

Buying for myself only it's a different story. I tend to go barley wines and such.
It's a thing.

Can't turn down a good Stout or Porter though, and a brown or black ale is great as long as someone else is buying.

Last edited:

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Al,

Congrats to you on your no drinking surge.

I have a older sister who continues to lose her battle with alcohol. She has lost her marriage, her kids, her house and most of her self respect along with her professional future which was looking very promising as an ICU nurse.

I hope you keep the path you want to stay on. Congrats again! It is a huge deal for those like you and my sister who are fighting the fight. I tip my hat to you Sir.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Al,

Congrats to you on your no drinking surge.

I have a older sister who continues to lose her battle with alcohol. She has lost her marriage, her kids, her house and most of her self respect along with her professional future which was looking very promising as an ICU nurse.

I hope you keep the path you want to stay on. Congrats again! It is a huge deal for those like you and my sister who are fighting the fight. I tip my hat to you Sir.

Thank you and my best to her for her recovery.

On a side note: Alcoholism isn't just a thing you can rid yourself of by just having "self-control." It's a thing that someone who isn't an alcoholic really will never understand. You have to find a way to completely change your perspective on life and everything around you. Alcoholics call it the "moment of clarity." How and why I received my "moment of clarity" probably can't be explained rationally, but I have my guesses to the why's and how's.

(Also, sorry for derailing an otherwise cheery topic, but alcohol hasn't given all of us good days, good times or good memories.)

Last edited:

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
I prefer belgian abbey style beers. Some of my favorites include various La Trappe's or the Gouden Carolus.
Also I only drink for the taste as i dislike getting drunk. Which means 1 beer a night max and usually one or 2 beers per 2 weeks or more.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
I have decided I'm going to start trying some other beers. I'd like to get into some wines too. My wife is not big on beer or drinking any alcohol for that matter but she'll drink some wine with me I'm pretty sure. I'm getting older so it may be time to start looking at healthy features of a glass or two of a good red wine each night.