Let INF grow

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
I dont know if its too late or not, but I know what could have been done before INF-online became so deserted.

I have some ideas for new rules, or for new versions of INF:

ILCR:
1. Teams must be even. If this means only 2 players from ClanA remembered to show up to a match and a whole 8 members of ClanB showed up, then ClanB has to pick their best 2, or they have to send 3 of their players over to the other team to temporarily defect.
2. If NO players show up to a match from ClanA while some from ClanB showed up, the match is not lost or won under any circumstances. ClanB misses out on a chance for a win, and ClanA are pussies and afraid of losing.

Regular online server rule suggestions:
-Teams aren't forced to be even. Even the last player on one side has the power to switch to the team with 7 players on the other side, leaving the game 8 vs 0, and very boring.
-There are respawns for TK'ed players, even in DTAS or TDM. A specified respawn time would be made for every map as if they were played with respawns like EAS. If you are TK'ed, the respawn is free.
The delay until you respawn is calculated as:
[(1/hypotenuse of the map)*distance to nearest enemy from shooter]*map respawn time
If an enemy is very far away from the shooter, respawn time for the TKed would be instant. If an enemy is very close to the shooter, respawn time for the TKed would be normal.
-There could be an "anything goes" server, just TDM, cheats, TKing, aimbots. Give everyone a place to play, just as long as they know their place.

I think if we could do all these, INF would have a better chance of growing as a community.

Last edited: