Join the team

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Hello members of Team Orbit,

Recently I came in contact with one of the members, Agent X, on IRC. He was looking to recruit new team members for this team. He and I had a chat for a while, and I thought I'd introduce myself here.
I'm a level designer currently learning how to use 3ds Max and Photoshop CS2, and I'm ambitious enough to want to become a professional in this industry. My online portfolio can be found here -> www.dregsld.com/Sjosz/index.html
I'm currently a level designer for the team responsible for the UCMP mappacks for UT2004, I was part of the Domination Map Pack team before that, and recently I've been promoted to lead level designer for the UTR TC. (www.ucmappack.org , www.getutr.com) Lastly, I'm also an administrator for Mapraider, and do consulting work for several teams (UC2 team, TCMP team)
I wish to join the ranks.
Regards,

Jos 'Sjosz' Hendriks

SandRock

Team Orbit
Nov 24, 2003
NeoCairo Temples
Hey Sjozs welkom op t forum, hoop dat je bij t team mag ;)
Translation = Hey Sjozs, welcome to the forum, hope you get into the team ;)

Thats some nice maps you made btw! :D

We always welcome those who have contributed to the community. You seem to have solid experience, and judging from the conversation we just had online, I suspect you will fit right in with creators here at Team Orbit. Welcome aboard, Jos.

Teamates and friends, please give a warm welcome to Jos 'Sjosz' Hendriks, the newest creator at Team Orbit.

Hillgiant

Team Orbit
Nov 22, 2005
Welcome

Hey Sjosz' welcome to the team!
Very nice looking portfolio and web page,welcome aboard!

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
Yea, don't worry about the time difference between the Netherlands and other team memebers. We pretty much span the globe, plus don't sleep much either because we love what we do :)

ShitMonkey

Nov 11, 1999
Lebanon Pa. USA
Visit site
I would like to
welcome53.gif
you to the forum too. ;)

Heh true that, Twrecks. Even so. Team Orbit is now more centralized than ever before, with the majority of its members being based right here, in sunny southern california. That's pretty understandable, considering that some of our members are also working for pro dev houses. Actually, there are quite a few in our "neck of the woods".

Some of our local members include Gravity (working for blizzard on world of warcraft), MikeVox (working here at Wayforward on a GBA title), Agent-X just finished a stint at ICT making sections of baghdad for a military simulation. Other locals include NamVo, Emo, DocHoliday, etc. Twrecks is here in Cali as well (just saw him the other day as he passed through Hollywood).

Heh, I do remember a time when we had artists in literally every time zone, starting in Australia. Jeeze that evolved into some pretty serious sleep deprevation for me. Lotta fun though.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
UCMP offers a similar experience. Most of the guys in that team live in the US, there's one from Australia, one from China, and a bunch from eastern Europe. Next to that we have 2 people from the Netherlands (one of them being me). It's pretty fun hanging in the team's IRC channel to chat with everyone everywhere. Some of them are pros as well, Slainchild going to Korea to work on Huxley, BIOS working for Liquid Development as level designer and Dregs working for Liquid Development as a remotely located modeler. Moonflyer is one of the Splinter Cell series level designers, Lord Simeon redid a map of his for the BP that Epic released recently. I'm looking forward to some mass sleep deprivation myself:dutch: :rockon:

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
Dr Pepper is my ally. Unfortunately I don't believe this caffinated carmel colored carbonated beverage is available with a Dutch label. I know Dr pepper has been sold in England since the early 80's when I called London home. so who knows if it jumped the channel.

SandRock

Team Orbit
Nov 24, 2003
NeoCairo Temples
Its being sold in the Netherlands as Dr Pepper :p Its just not very popular, most of the people buy Coca Cola, some buy Pepsi, a few buy Dr Pepper, and quite alot buy some cheap unknown brand :p :p

I prefer Red Bull, keeps me going at work :p

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
Red Bull is great, but expensive ~$2+. Red Bull was the official drink of the '05 U.S. motoGP (motorcycles baby!). The vending machines at work are subsidized so 12oz cans of soda are only 25 cents. :)