CTF-Rollercoaster

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Astyanax

GotoState('Coding');
Originally posted by Hourences
shapes looks nice yes :) i still cant work with that extruder brush thing, btw what is that green brush button thing ? what does it makes and where did you got it from, never saw it before

You can make the 5 Platonic solids with that 'green brush button': Tetrahedron, Cube, Octahedron, Dodecahedron, Icosahedron. You can download it from Unreal Realm of Concepts under 'Brushes'.

Luggage

wins.
Apr 25, 2001
Germany
www.planetunreal.com
Originally posted by Astyanax
I think this could be very cool if this portal route is set in a grand canyon-like environment.

I could make ya a canyon if ya want...

bm_canyon.jpg

Did that one today for a CTF map I've started...

Astyanax

GotoState('Coding');
Originally posted by Luggage
I could make ya a canyon if ya want...

Oh baby! Yes I sure like that! :)

The canyon should have a length of about 8192 units, at least not more than 12288 units, with a number of bends (cuts down the polycount too) and spots for the portals to stand. There should be a portal about every 1024-2048 units. That river looks nice too, but if you make any water in the canyon, it doesn't actually have to be water (just the sheet), because players shouldn't be able to escape from the pull of the portals anyway (I love invisible collision hulls ;) ). Don't worry about the velocity zones either; I'll add them. Import a nice skybox if you want.

I've attached the portal brush (t3d) to this post. My idea was to decorate each portal with 8 flares on the inside of.... erhm... you what I mean ;). Be sure to have the Skaarj texture package loaded when you import it.

Good luck, take your time!

Astyanax

GotoState('Coding');
Oh and about the beginning and end of the canyon; this would be just like the rock walls. Some high-speed tunnel comes out of a rock wall, changes into the portal route through the canyon and then disappears into the mountain again. Just inside the mountain should be the blue base, and just in the mountain at the beginning of the canyon should be the 'relay station' for all tunnels.

TheRealFluffy

Retired Attention Whore
I love riding rollercoasters, maybe a whole circuit, with a mountain lift (going slow up), and then, becoming faster and faster, (going down), making a Sonic speed, and then making a corkscrew..... slowing a bit down, dissapearing in that mouth (it's a pity that the skin is blurry then)... Here and there a turn... Maybe a map for people who never drove a rollercoaster, whiiiiiiiiihaaa!!!

Good job on the looping, I don't get the point of interpolation points, (it seems so much work! I'm a lazy ass...)