Unreal Tournament GOTY runs better with older video card?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

recycledsoul

Aug 11, 2011
hello,
i am using open gl 3.7 it is still grainy. i get a little bit of mouse lag. things dont look right...

recycledsoul

Aug 11, 2011
UPDATE:
I deleted the old unrealtournament.ini and the square textures are gone, but it still is choppy on openGL
on d3d9 it is superslow like slow motion and theres tons of mouselag.
how do i get direct3d back to try?
thanks

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
Post your complete PC specs (CPU, amout of RAM, graphics card etc.)
You could try to clean install UT and then reconfigure everything from scratch, because it looks like something is really messed up with your UT installation and/or system itself.
Be sure to follow the tweak guide - install latest DirectX and operating system updates, then download and setup OpenGL or Direct3D9 renderer. Do other games/3D applications run fine?

recycledsoul

Aug 11, 2011
Hello
I just bought this computer used:
motherboard asus
amd atholon 6000 dual core 3.0ghz processor
6gb ddr2 ram
1gb ddr3 9800gt video card
soundblaster
250gb hd
syncmaster 912n 19' flat screen lcd 75hz

i lost the d3d when i was trying to fix it.
the computer runs the following without any issues:
unreal tournament 2004
unreal tournament 3
medal of honor 2010
so far so good except ut 99
thanks for your help

Raynor.Z

Feb 1, 2006
Looks more than decent PC for UT.
Do you have D3DDrv.dll and D3DDrv.int files in your System folder? If not, then your UT installation is somehow broken and you need to reinstall game.
Since you have AMD CPU, you should go into BIOS and disable Cool and Quiet there if it's enabled, because UT doesn't get along with that feature much. Go ahead and uninstall your current UT (delete any leftover files and folders afrerwards), then:
- install the game
- download OpenGL from http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/, extract OpenGlDrv.dll into UnrealTournament\System and replace existing one
- download this configuration file (http://www.ut99.org/download/file.php?id=2520), extract it into UnrealTournament\System and replace existing one
- launch the game

recycledsoul

Aug 11, 2011
hello raynor,
thank you so much
it works fine doing everything you said.
if anyone needs help again follow the post above mine by raynor
all the best
apparently no one plays online.... if you ever want to play let me know
nicholas

Raynor.Z

Feb 1, 2006
I'm glad you got it solved.
There's still quite a number of people playing it online, you just need to look hard enough :)

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Probably a multicore processor ?

AMD or other one and what model.

Yeah, sorry.

Intel i7 (Quad core)
16GB RAM
Radeon 5800

Running the 436 patch.

I seemed to have fixed it. I am running the game in D3D10 using this mod. This corrected the speed issue and I think is the way to go if you have a newer PC. Then for the sound issue with my external soundcard I set the latency to 300 and all seems to be happy.

Last edited:

medor

Mar 15, 2009
Take this http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfiles/index.php?dir=UT_Demo/&file=WarConfig.rar install only :
StartConfig
xconsole_V3.4
Crosshair_G1bhairz5

It is under opengl but you can select d3d9 ..the two are optimised.It resolve sound distorted and many other bugs.

If it goes again too fast take that http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfiles/index.php?dir=Patches/&file=UT99_ver436_MultiCoreFix.zip

If someone read this take the UT full optimised UnrealTournament-V3 for not go one by one for optimised your UT.

Last edited:

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Take this http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfiles/index.php?dir=UT_Demo/&file=WarConfig.rar install only :
StartConfig
xconsole_V3.4
Crosshair_G1bhairz5

It is under opengl but you can select d3d9 ..the two are optimised.It resolve sound distorted and many other bugs.

If it goes again too fast take that http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfiles/index.php?dir=Patches/&file=UT99_ver436_MultiCoreFix.zip

If someone read this take the UT full optimised UnrealTournament-V3 for not go one by one for optimised your UT.

Thanks. I edited my previous post. Read the last three sentences. I think this might be the best fix for modern PCs and people using hi-fi USB DACs.

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
I don't think downloading some shady modified warez version of Unreal Tournament is as elegant as googling utglr and tossing in some dx9 dlls and ints into your legit copy's System/ folder.

I've never had to download anything else to enjoy UT on multiple cores.

There is also a different DirectX 10 renderer for UT, but it doesn't support higher lightmap samples (relatively dark maps) and it has screwed up FOV last time I tried. Don't know if that's all fixed by now.

Last edited:

medor

Mar 15, 2009
I don't think downloading some shady modified warez version of Unreal Tournament is as elegant as googling utglr and tossing in some dx9 dlls and ints into your legit copy's System/ folder.

I've never had to download anything else to enjoy UT on multiple cores.

There is also a different DirectX 10 renderer for UT, but it doesn't support higher lightmap samples (relatively dark maps) and it has screwed up FOV last time I tried. Don't know if that's all fixed by now.

warez version :lol:

read that http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7

This UT is based on official files by epicgames UT99-Demo and UTPatch436nodelta. liandri beyondunreal Essential Files

For d3d10 you ned minimum vista and directx10 for work realy so i ave set d3d9 because there is win 98 and xp players to :rolleyes:

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
Nice try.

I've already checked out your download and can confirm it is warez with enough files from the commercial game enough to function on its own as a client to qualify (i.e. doesn't have to install over or require a copy of UT to work). Ripping out the maps doesn't it make it any more OK (which would most likely autodownload them anyhow).

Seriously, I doubt the essential files and such even need to include unchanged audio and texture packages from the commercial game (~422MB WORTH!).

medor

Mar 15, 2009
To mirror official files is not warez. so near-install patch is entitled.

Try playing with your XP or Vista with multicorp it is impossible without patch or other modification like affinity.

If you ave seven it's ok

I help the community for not to throw this game in the trash after 5 min test.
You seek to destroy you without knowing.

Raynor.Z

Feb 1, 2006
medor, UT isn't freeware and your link points to full version (it doesn't matter you've deleted some content from it), besides it seems to have various questionable modifications in it so I would not consider it as very "essential" or trustworthy download.

medor

Mar 15, 2009
To minimize download size.

All maps and tournament offline are deleted exept only one map.
All files sond textures ... and corresponding to the maps unutils are removed to.

This is a light version online player.

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
This is a light version online player.

and obviously goes against Epic's quest to make money. Nice job taking away potential customers and contributing to the departure of CliffyB.

Ripping warez to a lighter form is still warez. You can't even lie about claiming to use "demo files" (which would still be illegal as well, it's not public domain or Free Software) or 436 nodelta (which would only be a few changed System/ files). You didn't actually remove any textures or sounds - another blanket lie to cover your motivation for more potential sniper fodder, along with "this is a fixed ut it impossible to play otherwise". You probably think I'm lying if I said I played UT on multicores on XP over the past 6 years without a patch other than a renderer.

This is the only official download of the UT data. As you can see, there's a price tag to get to that 422MB of goodness your download also offers.

We know the reason why your download is "popular". I know the Quakeworld pro community pulls this same crap too with modified "EZ" engines (brightflatskins, flatworld) illegally bundled with full version data desperately wanting more players to shoot at, wondering why no one wants to play with them anymore. ZDaemon also relied on DoomII piracy to build a community also (of mostly children)

I help the community for not to throw this game in the trash after 5 min test.
You seek to destroy you without knowing.

So I'm against people with short attention spans? Cool. Maybe UT could use a little less "eternal september", after all it's still the most popular UT game (probably due to easy piracy like this, ugh).

Last edited: