PING/LAG

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drumber

Nov 10, 1999
North Hollywood, Ca., USA
Your biggest problem is probably that your using AOL (assuming your using the same ISP as what's in your email address). AOL just won't work for online gaming. Try out some other ISPs, most of them have a free trial so you don't have to cancel what your using until you find one you like. AT&T worked pretty good for me when I was on 56k. Also go here for some modem tweaks that will improve your speed:
http://www.tweak3d.net/tweak/modem/

Good luck.

thundergirl[ALN]

Nov 29, 1999
Visit site
i have this too. and i have a good isp. only does it in ut. lots of others are having this problem too. eveyone gets the lag when i do. big spikes. sucks. if u r using aol for gaming that has a lot to do with it. i tried that b4 i knew better.

M

Meister

Just highlight the server with the low ping in the list. UT updated the ping of the highlighted server every 5 seconds or so. After the 2nd or 3rd update, you should see the true ping.

Killerfro

Dec 2, 1999
N. Little Rock, AR.
Visit site
This stuff is really getting on my nerve!! When I am pinging the servers I get really good number(i think anyway). I get in the game and my connection sky rockets to sometimes 4000 or more. Whats the deal? Im on a 56k connection and connect at 46.6 average. I have a PIII 500 128 ram and a TNT/8 ram card.
I also get lock ups in the game. I tried the cache change but it dosent work. The lockups also happens in other games(QIII). Its not an online only situation either. It happens every now and then. Any ideas?

bongzilla

Nov 25, 1999
Visit site
If it spikes in the game for everyone than it's the server lagging or someone lagging out the server w/ a really high ping.
but I don't know why it'd be lagged all the time. In the console type netspeed than whatever you want your rate to be. For 56k I'd do 4000.

Status
Not open for further replies.