Unreal Engine 4 'Infiltrator' Tech Demo

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

moonflyer

Jun 2, 2003
Shanghai,China
lichong.blogbus.com
Maybe the scores are hype. Then Epic really needs to hire better marketing people.
Or they simply have to put more effort into game developing, not just for making Xbox gamer happy.
As for Infinite, yeah the combat is not that good, the system is not fully working and level design (the combat part) could do much more than just spawning groups of enemies on the path, but the presentation and the storyline are good enough to make it a nice single player experience. One of the best SP I played in these years.
Of course that's just my opinion.

Last edited:

Wowbagger

Curing the infection...
May 20, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
It IS a bit telling that Mark Rein goes on vacation on Hawaii after releasing a techdemovideo wheres other gamedevelopers usually does that after a game release.

I didnt even see any Dice devs go to vacation after they released that amazing 17min SP video on the actual game BF4 ;)

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Epic had their day as game devs, but that seems to be a thing of the past. We still entertain fantasies that they have another Unreal or UT up their sleeves, but I am not so sure. UT will probably be farmed out to someone, just as U2 was orphaned on Legend's crumbling doorstep.

As I have said before, I play Skyrim and I think about what Unreal could have become if it weren't for greed and ego. Yep, pretty harsh assessment, but that is what I think happened; Epic got too big, too muddled in navel gazing and bank bookery and totally lost their way. If ever a studio completely and utterly wasted a franchise, it was Epic with Unreal. Not the Tournament series; Epic did well there, but Unreal was just dumped and hasn't been picked out of the trash yet.

The tech demo is outstanding, but don't expect much from Epic in the way of a game. This is a sales pitch, not a game pitch and it isn't aimed at us.

Epic are like a first love who is now a cheap tart; you can't help but care for her still, but in the end you know there is nothing really there anymore. It is a fantasy to think you can go back in time and any future is looking bleak.

I wish I were wrong because I would absolutely die for a true sequel to Unreal or another UT from Epic, but it is so freaking hard not to be skeptical.

Anyhow, pretty movie.
Can't agree more with that.

AKWolf

Feb 3, 2008
SoCal
It's not that good of a game; those scores are all hype. The combat as an example is completely broken - which isn't great for a combat heavy FPS...

May be the combat sucks , may be the reviewers never played Unreal.

When I first played Unreal back in '98 I would have easily given it a 10. the best game ever. Today not so much.

B.I. does lack in graphics and combat and I would rate it 89/91 in that department. However the overall production content,art, story,etc is a 9.5.:catfight:

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
As I have said before, I play Skyrim and I think about what Unreal could have become if it weren't for greed and ego.

That would be awesome, wouldn't it?

It's not that good of a game; those scores are all hype. The combat as an example is completely broken - which isn't great for a combat heavy FPS...

Yeah, BioShock: Infinite's gameplay is not amazing. It is serviceable however and I wouldn't call it completely broken.

The high score comes mostly from the art direction and the story. You can easily figure 10 points of any review for the game can be attributed to the story and clever references dropped throughout the game.

It deserves high scores for what it does, though how high is simply a matter of opinion.