Possible Conflict w/2.0 Patch

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Slaughter.SP

Jan 22, 2008
Memphis, TN
slaughtersplace.com
FYI:

There is a possible conflict w/code changes in the next patch and current Galtanor's Invasion code. I am testing the patch and when I join my server with all the other mutators running I can play just fine, however the patched client crashes when I press Esc to bring up the menu to Exit Game. If I run Invasion all by itself (without any other mutators), the client crashes when trying to join the server. Both crashes have the same error message:

Code:
Critical: appError called:
Critical: Assertion failed: OwnerScene->SceneClient->IsSceneInitialized(OwnerScene) [File:.\Src\UnUIObjects.cpp] [Line: 1104]
GetViewportSize called but owner scene not fully initialized: Transient.MidGameMenu_0 (MidGameMenu)
Stack: 
Critical: Windows GetLastError: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed. (299)
Log: === Critical error: ===
Assertion failed: OwnerScene->SceneClient->IsSceneInitialized(OwnerScene) [File:.\Src\UnUIObjects.cpp] [Line: 1104]
GetViewportSize called but owner scene not fully initialized: Transient.MidGameMenu_0 (MidGameMenu)

Slaughter.SP

Jan 22, 2008
Memphis, TN
slaughtersplace.com
From one of the Epic developers:

Josh Markiewicz said:
I personally downloaded/installed Galtanor's Invasion and was able to repro the ESC crash. He added a custom MidGameMenu asset that wasn't setting its viewport correctly. I fixed it and verified that it no longer crashed.

His fix didn't make it into beta 2 of the new patch so I haven't been able to verify that it works yet. But if you continue working on this you may want to check that MidGameMenu asset he mentions.

Cheers.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
There is other conflict which happens sometimes, especially if you play at the old servers, when you are dead and spectating someone, then after you are spawned again when new wave starts, you are still in third person view and cannot get back, dunno if this happens also at duel or it is invasion only..