Hosting UT for a few friends - help please

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Anarki

Sep 7, 2013
Hi All,

I was in discussions with some friends of mine about how we used to play UT and how much fun it was. I then had the great idea of getting 6 of us online last night trying to get UT GOTYE with Chaos mods working.

I went to start the multiplayer game, named my server and awaited my friends to join of which they never did. They said they couldnt find my server.

So, after discussions (around how its been 5years + since we last did this) we decided to play on other peoples servers until I could find time to see if I could get help on getting it working.

Can anyone help me with a step-by-step method in which I can host a game for my friends whilst playing myself?

From reading the threads so far I hear that 451b patch is needed? Is this just an executable file or do I need to edit .ini files again?

Sorry for being so n00b but its been a while.

Thanks

Anarki

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Can't you just give your IP to your friends? Atleast UT2 has the ability to "join IP".

That's in UT as well. Just type in "connect XX.XXX.XX." without the quotes of course where the X's is the desired IP you want to connect to.

dr.flay

Dr.Flay™
Sep 19, 2011
Kernow, UK
yourunreal.wordpress.com
Until you register your server in one of the master-servers, you have to manually add the server info.
Add your server here http://333networks.com/new

For temporary use, you can make it into a clickable link for a webpage.
unreal://68.232.183.18:7777
You can manually add a favourite in UT, or you could DL the Gametracker lite app, and add the server details to your favorites list in that.

You will also find that the chaos included with steam (and other parts of UT) are out of date.
Visit here http://my.opera.com/Unreal-Tournament/blog/unreal-tournament for a list (and links) to the latest versions of all the patches and updates.
There is also info on adding more master-servers to your UT.