BadDog's Documentation project

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BadDog

bStrange=True
Dec 21, 2001
www.bstrange.net
Perhaps a new avatar is in order, TaoPaiPai ;)

hehehehe :D

BadDog

bStrange=True
Dec 21, 2001
www.bstrange.net
OK an update....

so far I have compiled 181 topics in 36 categories

there are 201 local links

542 internet links

and 1013 graphic files

19.6 MB

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Unreal Documentation Wiki is live!

http://www.imahosting.com/unrealwiki/

I've put in TechnoArcher's topic list on the main page.

Feel free to start adding stuff.

remember: it's free content. don't add someone else's work if it's copyright.
also bear in mind that anything submitted will probably be edited by someone else.

Last edited:

Techno JF

He Who Has Powerful Words
Cool. I have it bookmarked. I'd also have to second TaoPaiPai's request to change the colors. Pastel blue really doesn't convey the theme of UnrealEd in my opinion. Perhaps royal blue or jade green would be better.

So I have another question, concerning the copyright issue. Are we still going to be able to port over the articles by Tim Sweeney and company? You know, the ones on the official Unreal Tech Page?

Mychaeel

Hmm. I like the color scheme; it's nice and readable. (Anyway, if you change it, please stay away from something like in the Coding forum...)

Are we still going to be able to port over the articles by Tim Sweeney and company? You know, the ones on the official Unreal Tech Page?
I suppose that's okay provided proper credit is given (and a link back to the original version); if in doubt, just ask.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Colours: the site uses a CSS stylesheet.
If someone wants to produce a new one, I'll take it. I just put this one up so it's not black-on-white 1992-style HTML :)
It just needs: body, h1 - h3, em, strong, i, b, ul, ol, li, a. hover-action links would be nice :)

I expect that there's a way with the perl script to have custom style sheets. Sadly, I have yet to a "so, you're a perl noob" tutorial... you know, one that would say:
#Hello World
$/n//\p"hello world" ./n . $%/////\\!$\\ .n ;
...or something.

As far as copyright goes:
I can put a copyright document in & lock the page, so the information is there, but the text can't be changed.
Anything further we'd have to ask permission, as true wiki content will be edited.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
:) thanks.
That would be great. I've managed to apply patches from the UseModWiki site without breaking everything...

next step: I'd like to add a 'Edit this page' link to the top nav bar. After that, maybe have user-selectable style sheets. :)

Mychaeel: thanks for the link in your sig. :tup: :D

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
:D

I'm considering adding a new piece of Wiki markup, specifically for the first line of an article on a class, eg:

Class: Object.Actor.Triggers.Trigger

Maybe mark this up as:
@@Class: Object.Actor.Triggers.Trigger@@

and the script can produce <h6>, which CSS can then put on a different background colour.

Aprazeth

Monkey-455Lover
Nov 14, 1999
Netherlands
www.planetapra.com
Originally posted by tarquin
:D

I'm considering adding a new piece of Wiki markup, specifically for the first line of an article on a class, eg:

Class: Object.Actor.Triggers.Trigger

Maybe mark this up as:
@@Class: Object.Actor.Triggers.Trigger@@

and the script can produce <h6>, which CSS can then put on a different background colour.

try using span style's or NAME tags, Using CSS you can then target their specific bits on the page...

As an example:

Code:
.blabla { font size: 3 }

<a href="linkage" class=".blabla" target="_blank">.... etc.

BadDog

bStrange=True
Dec 21, 2001
www.bstrange.net
Wow, you guys have been busy....

and so have I ...

so far I have compiled:

244 Topics in 38 categories,
274 Local Links
606 Internet Links
1242 Images

The size is @ 28.2 MB (on what I am guessing is 50% or less of the level editing tutorials, excluding most scripting, modeling, skinning etc. tuts)

Techno, please drop me an email or icq

bstrange@hmcltd.net
icq 84369865

very important....

Techno JF

He Who Has Powerful Words
I've dropped you a line through ICQ. Just in case you check here before you check ICQ, my number is 127895988. I've requested to add you to my contact list. Like I mentioned there, it's about 5 in the morning here, and I've been working on the Wiki (I filled out the Advanced properties page last), so I should get a few hours of sleep.

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
I wonder if it's a good idea to try and cover all the uscript actors in detail, since there are already documentation tools like undox and this might be a gigantic task to undertake and code changes with unreal versions.