The reason eightball gun is called eightball gun

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I know many of you thought that it isn't true eightball, that it shoots only six rockets, but it isn't about what it shoots. The ammo was originally to be called eightball, like from the pool game, these balls and it is transformed either to grenade or rocket after it is pushed through the barrel, in a same manner like in the pool game, when player shoots the ball.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Yeah and btw this info is accurate since it was written in the Unreal Bible. And also they mentioned in previews the connection to the pool game. But when you would read the Unreal design document you would find out that the ammo for it was called eightballs originally and not "rockets".
So yeah it explains that, when you look at the mechanism of the whole eightball gun it really does remind pool game, when it pushed the ball into barrel (like pool stick) and then launches it as either rocket or grenade.

Status
Not open for further replies.