Half Nekked people

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Naked or no?

• Yes plzzzz! Show me teh SKINNN!!!1

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • No thanks, this isn't a swimsuit contest... :\

Votes: 34 47.2%

• Total voters

Bullet10k

Apr 9, 2005
Persefone said:
The general concept is fine, but an armour with cleavage is ridiculous.
no it isnt. and selket is damn HAWT RAWR i want her ingame.

EPIC WE WANT HAWT SELKET IN 2K7

Jun 23, 2004
www.jumpinjuggernuts.com
Persefone said:
Look at this:

http://www.beyondunreal.com/staff/raptor/ut2007_may05/hr/up4.jpg

You are oversensitive, imo. If there head is exposed, there is nothing unrealistic or straying from the theme about a little bit more neck being exposed. :lol: This is a computer game called UnrealTournament2007(maybe). People dress with that much cleavage showing on regular occassions, even work.

I don't think it's healthy being that sensitive to things like this. There shouldn't be anything prude about a video game where you gib your opponents in a spectator arena gladiator sport. Even FCC is less nonsensical than that. :lol:

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
Come on peeps, some of you make it sound like you want ALL sex apeal taken out, whether male or female. It's a poduction, and like any producer knows, sex sells. I mean we mine as well take out the weapons while we are at it, because who wants to see blood and guts too, right? :rolleyes:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
briachiae said:
For the sake of realism I think there shouldn't be lots of skin showing. Woman characters can still have big breasts and etc, but there just has to be realistic armor. Big breasts in videogame characters is not a big deal, except for hypersensitive perverts or hypersensitive Oprahshow watchers.
Males like to show dominance though there muscles.(big biceps etc.)

Females in this current pop culture like to show dominance through their curves (big boobs)

For the sake of..... realism?

You're a funny little man, aren't you?

Make the UT girls wear burkas from now on. BUT, their boobs ought to be showing because it's no big deal. It's all about dominance.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Persefone said:
Look at this:

http://www.beyondunreal.com/staff/raptor/ut2007_may05/hr/up4.jpg

*eh* considering your avatar I'd say that you shouldn't be complaining about any cleavage at all. :p

Besides : they're merely concepts. Even Malcolms' armour doesn't look quite like that. So it is safe to say a slightly more sane version of the female variant will be used.
They're a hell of a lot better than the current female mercs & soldiers

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
Prepare for an education.

I don't think anyone would argue in favour of sticking a bunch of butt-ugly characters (male or female) into the game is a good thing. But the selkath style stuff is just pandering to stereotypes that we should really have grown out of by now. Let it go people.

This thread (and subject) badly needs some female input...

Jun 23, 2004
www.jumpinjuggernuts.com
NeoNite said:
For the sake of..... realism?

You're a funny little man, aren't you?

Make the UT girls wear burkas from now on. BUT, their boobs ought to be showing because it's no big deal. It's all about dominance.
I was spitting out different ideas and points. None of them where meant to complement eachother directly.

The only reason I was talking about realism is because that is what I was to led to believe the new theme was going to be about. Less cartoonish characters and such. But then I read JaFO's post and that put things into perspective. This is not going to be super realistic or super militaristic(not fun). It's going to be a gladiator sport with the sole purpose for entertaining spectators or the players even.

Last edited:

Discord

surveying the wreckage...
Nov 6, 2002
Somewhere on Route 666
Hmmm... plausible reasons to go for less of the sexy:

1. Scantily- clad chicks are unrealistic. Well... so what?

2. Scantily- clad chicks help perpetuate the scantily- clad chick stereotype. Could be. But it's a videogame, it's a walking, talking stereotype anyway. Everything associated with it is a stereotype in one way or another. Wouldn't it be hilarious if all the models in UT looked like middleaged office workers?

3. Scantily- clad chicks scare off female players. Well, somehow I doubt a Victorian dress code is going to encourage girls/ women to play a violent FPS... or a videogame of any sort for that matter. Most girls I know think it's a nerd's pursuit one way or the other.

4. Scantily- clad chicks will make girlfriends/ wives/ prospects think you're a lecko. Hmmm. Quite a number of girls I've talked to on the subject tend to be a tad suspicious if a guy doesn't have a certain amount of pr0n stashed somewhere. Too much is bad... none is worse. But maybe I've got bad taste in women. :D

5. Scantily- clad chicks are somehow irritating to you. Well hey, that's your right.

6. Scantily- clad chicks are something you try to keep your 6 year old sibling and/ or parent(s) from running into. That's probably sensible.

7. Scantily- clad chicks help give video games a bad rap. Sadly, that's probably true.

8. Scantily- clad chicks are a Bad Thing(tm) because sex is eViL. Whoa, podnah... that's a huge part of the problem with modern society IMO. That's debatable, though.

9. Scantily- clad chicks don't belong in a violent FPS because associating sex with violence is just a bad way to go. If that's your beef, then you've really thought this through. GJ :tup:. 100 bonus points, -1 for not giving your fellow gamer enough credit.

10. Scantily- clad chicks in a videogame are pointless because they're just a bunch of rendered polygons and are such a poor substitute for the real deal as to not merit a jot of attention. This is singularly true... but not really an argument against them.

11. Scantily- clad chicks are Bad because they suggest immorality, and God's not particularly keen on that. That's fine with me. But what about all the cursing and wanton homicide?

*edited per Kingman3* 12. Scantily- clad chicks just don't look tough enough to hang with the Tournament. Hmmm... could be.

So. Which one (or ones) of those are you guys advocating?

Last edited:

Kingman3

Jul 19, 2005
I wouldn't mind a "cheesecake girl" myself, but there's gotta be some balance here for chrissakes. Some skin (legs, T&A) is good, but the girl still needs some beefy armor (shoulders, arms, lower legs, etc.), a bit of muscle tone, and that edge of badass; kinda like Julie Strain (F.A.K.K.).

Wolfy-ni

Aug 29, 2005
KEEP THE SKIN!!! :)

Females have skin showing for one reason :p

"Dangerous and Secksi looks"

And not I'm not a freak thinking computer created females should be half nekked , it's just normal for ut and it would lose that "UT factor" in the ladies if they aren't :)

Last edited:

Discord

surveying the wreckage...
Nov 6, 2002
Somewhere on Route 666
Last edited:

->Sachiel<-

Jul 24, 2005
I agree with Angel_Mapper, for every selket-like female there should be an equally attractive male. Now the biggest problems are:

A) The UT team needs to be less sexist in this respect.
B) The UT team need to hire women or gays to tell them if a male character is attractive or not.

There is no chance that UT2007 won't have sexual content, it would be fair to have sexual content for the opposite sex included though. ( PS no sex-bots, why would a robot have a gender or any amount of cleavage [its not attractive and not sexual in any way])

Jun 23, 2004
www.jumpinjuggernuts.com
It's harder to make an attractive male model, because women are harder to satisfy. The female models actually aren't more attractive than the male models in terms of details and etc. They just have boobs, a butt and a slim figure. Male models have a visible chest and biceps and ass. They aren't attractive.

Girls wear dresses guys wear suits. Women in the modern western pop society don't cover up as much as men. Women showing more skin is not sexist. Is it a stereotype? yes. Just as men not showing off their navel is a stereotype.

I could argue UC2 selket was just as sexy as the osiris or whatever his name is. Women are more picky too. I think people posting in this thread are posting just for the humor of it, and not actually concerned about women having larger than average natural breastsize in a computer game.

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
Whats wrong with the middle guy in that concept picture? He looks like Vin Diesel How can girls not drool over Vin, I would love to look like that. :) :tup: