413 patch trouble

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ed Thomas

Apr 27, 2000
Gloucester, UK
Visit site
I just installed the 413 patch and it completely messed up UT. Everything is incredibly slow and the game is unplayable. I tried reinstalling the entire game and it works fine without 413. I wouldn't bother with it, but I need 413 to play Infiltration 2.75. Any Ideas?

ZoMbiE

Feb 18, 2000
Visit site
1st off make sure the video rendering devices didn't get screwed with glide, ddraw, srender.
I had that problem w/405. Restarting fixed it :)
Simple, yeah I know, but it worked.

bullet2.gif

i'm your §µÞ€®ß暆™!

Licker

Apr 30, 2000
Visit site
I have the exact same problem with 413... it becomes sooo slow. With 405 it runs like a dream!... where is it that I can find out if it screwed my video rendering devices with glide, ddraw, or srender. (ini file or advanced opions? or what?)

ZoMbiE

Feb 18, 2000
Visit site
Rendering device is listed in the preferences menu.

Slow fps could be a direct result of low usage of ram.

In the UT.ini you may want to use these settings
Find
[Engine.GameEngin]
CacheSizeMeg= <- set this to 1/4 the size of available ram.
ie: 64mb=16
CacheSizeMeg=16

The game runs slow for me at first but after I run throught he level once or twice its fine.

sgtSummoner

May 4, 2000
www.ghostface.de
Sorry... but that page doesn't work.

I have the same problem. After installing 413 the game slows down incredibly (although having a fast Athlon/GeforceDDR combination with plenty of RAM (196MB).
This only occurs when using the highest texture detail level. Using a level only one step down makes the game very fluent. But using the last UT patch (405) made the game as fluent as that. Any further ideas ??