Be Smart, don't Vote Republican (says new Canadian study)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Yes. I am religious. Are you ready? Sitting down??? Here it comes!!!!!

I'm Catholic! Very very Catholic.

Thanks Sir Brizz for stepping up and telling us what you thought. Your stones are bronze Sir!

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Hmmm...

That is so past tense. It bums me out to even say that to you or to anyone. There are so many good reasons to walk away from religion these days.

For me it is a race to a pay-off. In my case, God won. I did too. I made several deals with God over my life asking him to get me through this and that. I promised I'd be a better catholic, I promised God all sorts of things throughout my life if he would just give me what I asked for and needed back then.

One day recently I looked up and around and realized that God had delivered on his end of the deal and I was so busy with my little life that I had not even noticed. It was an eye opening experience for sure.

I think others are in a holding pattern waiting to get theirs before they open themselves up to the Lord. I think a whole lot of them run out of patience never getting what they prayed for and they turn away from their God. I have been there too.

That is why I call it a race to the pay-off. I feel that for many it is a race to see results and believe or not see results and turn from God. I was walking away from God when I realized he had already delivered all to me that I had ever asked for. Now I am paying him back by fulfilling the promises I made to him throughout my life.

Too bad all of that was off-topic and we must get back to this study that indicated you should not vote Republican. It think it was as wrong as this is right: I saw a study recently that confirmed with 100% accuracy that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population. I'm unsure about this other part but it said that five thirds of the remaining 25% have trouble with fractions!

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
One day recently I looked up and around and realized that God had delivered on his end of the deal and I was so busy with my little life that I had not even noticed. It was an eye opening experience for sure.

god didn't do anything.
the things that came to you were a result of you being "so busy with life."
you also just created your own logical loophole that renders gods supposed intervention in your life as nothing more than happenstance.

if you prayed for awhile that X Y and Z would eventually come into your life, but then ignored god for awhile and went about living your life, you can't suddenly chalk up the presence of X Y and Z to god and start believing again.

that's absurd.
it's logic 101.

you focused and worked for things in your life and they came to you.
none of this assumes the influence of a god.

take credit for your accomplishments.
if god even exists, he certainly doesn't go around bestowing wishes on an individual basis. to think that he does represents the height of arrogance.

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
That was approximately the dumbest thing I have ever read.

Edit: Jacks posted in-between.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
if god even exists, he certainly doesn't go around bestowing wishes on an individual basis. to think that he does represents the height of arrogance.
I don't think so, at least not if you think of him as a person and not an intangible thing :p That aside, though, I agree with your logical loophole theory here. Self-fulfilled "prophecies" are not very prophetic.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
God.png

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
I hope that some day one of you if not all of you have an experience like mine and come back to this topic which surely will still be active and tell the rest of us about it. Until then I'll pray for each of you and hope that God makes his presence better known to you. Cool theory too BTW about how I made it happen myself. Just yesterday I was having a discussion with a girl at work and she mentioned this phrase to me: "God helps those who help themselves." What a coincidence that we are having this discussion. LOL.

This reminds me of another funny line I heard from someone once a long time ago during a discussion like this. The guy said "I'm a atheists, thank God!" which I thought was freaking awesome and have said it many times since and it usually gets a great response.

I laughingly think the more we discuss this the more God is present in our lives so lets keep going by all means but it still won't take away from the fact that voting for one party or another is stupid. I like to think of it more as an ill-informed decision than strictly based on ones intelligence.

How many of you are liberals who supported occupy wall street AND own a apple product? Oh yeah...and May God Bless Your Day!

Last edited:

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
I love that phrase: "How about them apples?"

Once again Al, you gave me a straight answer. Thanks once again too! I asked that question because it was a humorous talking point for me a while back with several of my conservative friends. the discussion was based on how we felt Hollywood was so liberal they usually showed the computer in the movie or TV show being an Apple product. Then we discussed how the occupy crowd came in and wanted these big corporations to pay up more and they seemed to be against big corporations. We thought it was funny being the biggest richest company right now is Apple yet some liberals we spoke with (my sister and her boyfriend who live in liberal Austin, TX.) seemed to defend their Apple products. I need to find my list about how you might be able to identify a liberal and post it. It is the bomb.

So Al, you have certainly caught me off guard a little. I stand here shocked just a little.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Be honest, how many of you are studying to become lawyers, own apple products and drive a German car?

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
I hope that some day one of you if not all of you have an experience like mine and come back to this topic which surely will still be active and tell the rest of us about it. Until then I'll pray for each of you and hope that God makes his presence better known to you. Cool theory too BTW about how I made it happen myself. Just yesterday I was having a discussion with a girl at work and she mentioned this phrase to me: "God helps those who help themselves." What a coincidence that we are having this discussion. LOL.
I also have that kind of strange "spiritual" experiences, and "feeling God's presence" would be a decent way to describe in words. However, I'm yet to find a clue that it has to do with something outside my brain. :p

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
You sound to be one of faith. When it becomes clear to you someday you will know it. It comes with tears of joy and great sorrow that it had to take so long for your eyes to see the light.

I really do want to try to keep this near topic. Maybe I'll start a new topic and just come out shooting off my mouth about everything I think about dems and repubs.

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
You sound to be one of faith. When it becomes clear to you someday you will know it. It comes with tears of joy and great sorrow that it had to take so long for your eyes to see the light.
Dude, you misunderstand. I have "faith" and I've "seen the light" and know about all those tears of joy, etc... You can't even imagine.

But believing in God has NOTHING to do with God's existence. Believing is the keyword here. It is something contained within one's brain. If believing in _something_ makes someone feel stronger, more focused and "safer", well, even my 95 old grandma knows it.

If faith weren't socially and traditionally acceptable, I bet that these days it could be (abusively) qualified as a mental disorder and pharma would "cure" people of faith, the same way that there were religious persecutions in the past. I actually have some tolerance for people that say they have "faith" and "believe in God" because I understand that these are basic and strong feelings hard to control. Furthermore, taken lightly, they are harmless and even beneficial for some.

That doesn't prevent me from disliking organized religion, most religious "leaders" and people that use their religion as lame excuse or coverup to hurt or harass others. Do your thing but mind your own business and don't be evil.

Last edited: