Car question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Thread bump

So I finally decided on a new ride. This guy, FR-S. Going to put down my cash for it and receive it in about 8 weeks.

19-scion-fr-s-concept-ny-1303324359.jpg

Sweet!

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
I am actually getting it in this color
tumblr_lzi0iafLUB1r4faz5o2_1280.jpg

But I do have blue and red as second or third options because the "hot lava" (that's what it is called) orange color is in really high demand. Fingers crossed that I get my first choice of color!

Thread bump

So I finally decided on a new ride. This guy, FR-S. Going to put down my cash for it and receive it in about 8 weeks.

19-scion-fr-s-concept-ny-1303324359.jpg

You live close to me. I'm coming over.

About the only thing I can say is good choice. Between the BRZ, 86, and FR-S, FR-S is probably going to be the one with the most add-ons for cheap. Once I get the BMW paid off, I want to sell the Audi and get a FR-S. Either matte black or that bright white. My intentions for the car are to make it race worthy. Greddy is working on a turbo that is supposedly going to get the car around the 330hp (or so) bench mark. Raising it up 130hp from stock. Should be around 5k for that, but well worth it. The FR-S Turbo will probably come out in a year or two, depending on how well the car sells, which as of right now, they can't get them in stock fast enough. I'm super excited to see these on the street. I did sit in one at the dealership while I was getting my oil change, and it's a little small for me. The seat had to go all the way back and down. I'm hoping the 86 or the BRZ versions might be a tad bit taller for people like me.

Excellent choice, and I hope to see you driving it around with a stupid grin on your face.

Last edited:
It's Texas. You have to have a raised car/truck at least 1 foot off the ground to account for the pot-holes, construction changes (which in the DFW area is more than I can count on hands and toes) along with shredded tire chunks and crap. Texas roads are terrible where I'm at.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
It's Texas. You have to have a raised car/truck at least 1 foot off the ground to account for the pot-holes, construction changes (which in the DFW area is more than I can count on hands and toes) along with shredded tire chunks and crap. Texas roads are terrible where I'm at.

They're horrible everywhere man. Have you ever payed attention to quality of person who maintains our roads? Most look like convenience store and fast food rejects.

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
So a few new updates

First my car is coming next week hopefully! But there is a catch, the hot lava color has an extremely long wait time well into next year. Toyota called me and said if I wanted a blue one (which was my second choice) as they have one coming in so I told them to put my name on it.

Second any TX BUF folks know of anyone that may want to by my Scion TC?
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/3230709417.html

Also thinking of talking to the folks at Carmax to see what kind of deal I can get for selling the car to them.

I could trade it in but I am sure the Toyota dealer would low ball me on the price.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Take pics and come back with first impressions plox

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Just saw this thread and first thing I thought of was "you are trading in at barely 70k miles?"

My fucking truck is past 140k and still going strong. Get your monies worth at least.

Last edited:

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
Just saw this thread and first thing I thought of was "you are trading in at barely 70k miles?"

My fucking truck is past 140k and still going strong. Get your monies worth at least.

My BMW has over 170k now. Original clutch, engine idles smooth as the day I bought it. :tup:

I can't have nice things can I? :(

Change is good, the FR-S is pretty sweet ride and I really don't want to get shafted like I did with Celica years ago and walk in to a dealer and find out they don't make them anymore.

Subaru is already calling it quits on the BRZ saying they have more orders than cars being made.

Yeah I can run my TC into the ground with 150,000+ miles but come on, what's wrong with getting a new ride BUF peeps?

I will def be trying to get the most for my ride based on various market prices of other used TC's

Last edited: