Official BeyondUnreal Photography Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
You've got mountains cheaper and closer that are every bit as awesome. Go to the North Cascades, or practically anywhere in British Columbia.

North%20Cascades.JPG

04WA-0012-15pan@MountBaker.jpg

0609SAH_49-57p-Doubtful-L.jpg

Actually just go to this guy's website, ALL of his photos are from Washington state:

http://www.photoseek.com/wa2usa.html

Last edited:

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
pine: i have already been in that general area. I've seen Mt. Rainier, Mt. Saint Helens, etc. I've also seen the Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Crater Lake, Redwood, Sequoya, etc. But I must say that those areas are very beautiful.

I've been to every US state except Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, North Dakota, Utah, and Florida, also I have been in Montana and Nevada, but not significantly (Yellowstone's Montana portion, and the Vegas area respectively). I've also been in southeast Canada (Ontario/New Brunswick area). It's time for me to branch out. Perhaps the Cascades in BC should be next on my list.

Last edited:

pine

Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
pine: i have already been there. I've seen Mt. Rainier, Mt. Saint Helens, etc. I've also seen the Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Crater Lake, Redwood, Sequoya, etc. But I must say that those areas are very beautiful.

I've been to every US state except Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, North Dakota, Utah, and Florida, also I have been in Montana and Nevada, but not significantly (Yellowstone's Montana portion, and the Vegas area respectively). I've also been in southeast Canada (Quebec/New Brunswick area). It's time for me to branch out. Perhaps the Cascades in BC should be next on my list.

Nice! In terms of awesomeness, I would actually say your next goal should be either the Canadian Rockies, or Alaska. The coast mountains of BC are actually not as impressive as the Cascades, I think because they were buried so deeply under the Cordilleran Ice Cap during the last ice age. Most of the peaks are kind of scraped down, rounded off and boring.

The Columbia Mountains of BC are pretty great too, and if you went to the Canadian Rockies that would be an easy side trip.

pine

Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
If he had the money to go that far, he could just go to the European alps ;)

I have a friend at school who claims that the Caucausus in Georgia is the most beautiful place on earth, and he knows his mountains.

Israphel

Sim senhor, efeitos especial
Sep 26, 2004
Lisboa,Portugal
pine: i have already been in that general area. I've seen Mt. Rainier, Mt. Saint Helens, etc. I've also seen the Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Crater Lake, Redwood, Sequoya, etc. But I must say that those areas are very beautiful.

I've been to every US state except Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, North Dakota, Utah, and Florida, also I have been in Montana and Nevada, but not significantly (Yellowstone's Montana portion, and the Vegas area respectively). I've also been in southeast Canada (Ontario/New Brunswick area). It's time for me to branch out. Perhaps the Cascades in BC should be next on my list.

One of the places in North America I would most like to photograph are the National Parks of Banff and Jasper in Alberta, Canada. In a couple of years time I'm planning on renting a mobile home and driving up Glacier National Park in Montana, up along the Rockies and into Canada.
If you want to see truly mind-blowing photographs from there, check out Marc Adamus' work.

May I ask how do you came up with 1.66?

I didn't come up with the formula....It was just something I came across in a forum somewhere, and it's pretty much standard amongst a lot of landscape photographers for web resizing.

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I've visited Banff and Jasper in June. The Canadian rockies are amazing. I was stunned by its incredibly beauty, to say at the least. Went up to Patricia and Pyramid lake in Jasper (Unfortunately I did not see spirit Island).

But Banff was my favourite. The sights I've enjoyed from the top of Sulphur mountain were incredible. Mind you if you ever go up there, watch out for the squirrels. Most of the visitors plainly ignore the warning not to feed the animals, so they've grown quite accustomed of human presence. I'd rather see them running away, though...most tourists are idiots.

Also keep the Columbia icefield glacier experience in mind.

And don't forget dropping by in Whistler.

Edit: How could I forget: Lake louise. Pictures tell you something, but actually standing there and enjoying that breathtaking vista. So much worth it. If you go there, make sure you go up to the beehive and teahouse.
You'll pass by mirror lake, and later on you can take the "Six glaciers" route.

And we also visited Yoho national park. Don't leave that one out. We stopped by Emerald lake. You can take a stroll around the lake, it's only a couple of hours but the sights you'll get there... whistles...

Last edited:

pine

Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
One of the places in North America I would most like to photograph are the National Parks of Banff and Jasper in Alberta, Canada. In a couple of years time I'm planning on renting a mobile home and driving up Glacier National Park in Montana, up along the Rockies and into Canada.
If you want to see truly mind-blowing photographs from there, check out Marc Adamus' work.

Maybe you'll think this is just ignorant, but I actually like your landscape photos better for the most part. This guy has some fabulous compositions but his colors are just so saturated as to be almost cartoony; I like the more subtle and realistic look yours have.

pine

Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
This time of year makes my fingers itch for my camera. :)

[screenshot]http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/4523/vansunset.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/4030/p1000360yz.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/7041/p1000325wi.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/5969/p1000348v.jpg[/screenshot]

Last edited:
Just a few photos from my trip up north. Went from Fort Worth/Dallas, TX to Portland, OR over to Newport, OR, then down through California and over. Alot of pictures came out blury (I think because I wasn't the one taking them... and it was lower light). I don't have a tripod, so everything is freehand.

5069538081_eb6d9bbd79_o.jpg

5069537921_dd5c312b8f_b.jpg

5070189074_fa5d074899_o.jpg

5069606841_01bb4df5c1_z.jpg

5070243910_47fb24e3a7_z.jpg

Last edited:

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
Just a few photos from my trip up north. Went from Fort Worth/Dallas, TX to Portland, OR over to Newport, OR, then down through California and over. Alot of pictures came out blury (I think because I wasn't the one taking them... and it was lower light). I don't have a tripod, so everything is freehand.

5069538081_eb6d9bbd79_o.jpg

Cover that thing up!

jackalsexwaterfall.jpg

SnaKe-Fu

Thread Killer.
Dec 26, 2000
California
www.7igaming.com
Couple more shots

[screenshot]http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2010/284/3/e/shadow_plays_by_snakeyez-d30k2iv.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://th05.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2010/284/7/6/playing_with_reflections_by_snakeyez-d30k2pc.jpg[/screenshot]