Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Futurama: Into the Wild Green Yonder 7/10

Probably the best of the four Futurama feature films so far. Pretty off-beat humour (at least more so than usual for Futurama). I'll have to watch it again soon....

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
Watchmen: 9/10. Definatly a excellent movie, never read the graphic novel but i understood and got most of it. Though the Nixon actor didn't look ANYTHING like Nixon, wtf was up with that nose?

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
Corpse Bride. It's cute and playful and everything I like in Tim Burton movies. 8/10

Gran Torino. Alright, it's a good film, but I can't really see where the hype and rapture is coming from. Clint Eastwood being an elderly Dirty Harry is quite cool to see, but not really much more than Clint Eastwood being an elderly Dirty Harry (although I dig his character especially in the beginning). It's too stuffed with morality for my taste. 7/10

True Romance. I dig Tarantino as much as the next guy, but I couldn't quite get into this movie. I'm not entirely sure why, but the over-the-top-ness of this one bugged me, while I'm perfectly fine with it in other movies. Still, the flick got a great cast, even though it was too busy being killed off as fast as possible to get a chance to act. 6/10

Z. An excellent indictment of the murder of Lambrakis and a great statement against political fanatism, but little more. It does have its artistic merits (such as the rapid cuts between the examinations by the judge or the allusions to Greece throughout the movie), but the characters are portrayed way too one-sided: there are the overly enthusiastic lefties, the downright sinister right-wingers and inbetween, the judge who stays impartial for very long even against staggering evidence - it's all a little too easy. The only character who I felt had real depth was the wife of "The Deputy". 8/10

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
Saw 5: 8/10

Been a fan of this series since the first one. Part 5 answered a lot of open questions in the series and added more clarity to the over arching story of Jigsaw.

Futurama- Into the Wild Green Yonder: 10/10

HILARIOUS! That is all I will say.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls- 7/10

I saw this when it first came out and seeing it again made me enjoy it more. That being said it was never going to be a flick that lived up to the original three some twenty years ago.

Fun though...........

Yeah; Futurama rules.:)

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
Taken - 7/10
it was plenty of typical hollywood cheese based on the most ridiculous plot idea ,
that france is a terrorist hotspot where you should fear for your life, and that traveling around europe is as foolish as streaking through the streets of saudi arabia
but redeemed by some damn awesome violence and all around no nonsence no bull**** no morals lead.
the good guy shoots his old friend from the french police forces wife, just to make him talk and cooperate faster
id reccommend you watch it... and thats a very high rating from me for any film.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
but redeemed by some damn awesome violence and all around no nonsence no bull**** no morals lead.
the good guy shoots his old friend from the french police forces wife, just to make him talk and cooperate faster

That was totally a nod to 24, in which:

Jack shoots a guys wife in the leg to make him talk, with the brilliant dialogue "I SHOT HER ABOVE THE KNEECAP!!!" :D

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
Kontroll. An excellent film from Hungary that I've been meaning to see for a while. It features an interesting set of truly "underground" characters (the main one of which, Bulcsú, is the only one who's given some hints regarding his background) and some great and atmospheric shots - the "railing" chase in the end of the movie is very memorable. 9/10

Jerichow. I really like Christian Petzold's "Die Innere Sicherheit" and "Gespenster", but I was disappointed with this latest movie of his. Except for Ali, the characters just don't seem to add up very well, which is both the script's and the actors' fault. There are some nice landscape shots (which remind me of the area I come from, which is not that far from where the film is situated and was shot), and a nice little twist to (successfully) mislead the viewer, but other than that there's nothing that really makes this movie stand out. 6/10

Munich. I'm ambivalent about this one. It does make for a pretty good spy/hitman movie, but it doesn't do very well in portraying the growing doubt among the agents about their mission or the moral implications of revenge. However, it does make a statement against the circle of violence in the Israeli-Palestine conflict, even though there is considerable bias - perhaps necessarily because of the viewpoint of the movie. I personally believe this would have worked better with less fictionalization. 8/10

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
The Incredibles 9/10

Still good - as with most Pixar movies, there is more to see the more it get watched.

The Dark Knight 9/10

Pretty outstanding.

For those of you that have been living under a rock for the last year, the first half or so is a more or less conventional superhero movie (very good but conventional) and then the afterburners kick in with an emotional impact that really doesn't belong in a comic book adaptation.

I thought Ironman was the best comic book adaptation I'd seen until I saw this (I'm relatively unfamiliar with most of the source material so I tend to judge this kind of movie as a standalone creation and not by its faithfulness to the source).

If I have one criticism (and it is not directly a criticism of the movie, more of a compliment) then it is that it was rated as a 12 here in the UK and there is no way that it is a 12. This is adult material, perhaps not in the count of broken bones and bloodbaths but certainly in its themes and emotional impact.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
The Dark Knight- 9/10

Yeah; I watched it last night again too. Saw this when it first came out in the cinemas and enjoyed as much this time., In fact I think I enjoyed Ledger's performance more the second time. Tragedy aside it does seem like the role he was born to play.

Great social commentary in this film too........

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee (2007)
A very emotional tale about what happened to the Sioux tribe following the battle of Little Big Horn and the defeat of General Custer. Even then the words integration and assimilation were used.

"To own the Earth. There is no word for this in the Sioux Language"

Seems most people can't pronounce the title properly. ChTi. It's not that hard is it?
Many actually say "chi" or "chiti" ;I

I think it's pronounced Shhh-Tee.

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Last edited:

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
parts of the earth maybe, owning the earth no :| and indians have words for both 'ownership' and 'the ground' so ownership of the ground would just be two words

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
ok.......... well that's because "owning the earth," as you say it, is an infallible concept. it's impossible for anyone to own earth. thus there has never been (that I've heard of) a single word or phrase that is specifically denoted as owning a slice of the earth's crust.

but for all other intents and purposes, owning the earth is having real estate in your property. you can say "This is my chunk of land. I own it. It is mine to do with as I please. Here is my deed that says so." functionally, this is owning earth.

Last edited:

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
Dead Poets Society. Just like I remembered, this is an okay-ish movie, made much better by the love for literature and poetry that's portrayed in every single classroom scene - it's what makes it worthwhile. Apart from that, the film is rather cliche-ridden and even features a "Nooooooo!" in slow motion as the reaction to a death. One of Robin Williams less annoying roles. 7/10

Slumdog Millionaire. It's good, alright, but it could have been a lot better. I really like the idea behind the movie and its structure and was rather amazed throughout the first half hour or so, but unfortunately things became a little less interesting afterwards: while I dig the contrast between game show and slum life, I'm not exactly hot about the love story and the evolving conflict between the brothers. The ending made me cringe. P.S.: The final question on the show was so predictable. 8/10

Fucking Åmål. I've been wanting to see this for God knows how many years and I'm glad I finally got around to it. First off: it's more of a teen movie than I expected, but in a way that isn't annoying. It may feature all stock characters and dozens of cliches and a corny and incredible happy ending, but it still feels just right. 8/10

Last edited: