CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I'm currently alt-tabbed out of the game and here to rant off some frustration.

I just got definitive proof that the game cheats like a motherf**ker on veteran. I was inside a house with no windows facing where the enemies were/would be as I moved up the hill, and the game spawned a grenade at my feet. So, it's no wonder the game is so f**king hard on veteran -- not only do you get zero chances to make mistakes before getting raeped with lead bullets, but the game randomly spawns grenades by you even though it'd be impossible for the enemies to throw them there.

:mad:

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Maybe it just makes your team suck so bad they accidentally drop grenades and can't throw em right. :lol:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I'm at the ferris wheel. This is going to be impossible. Whether or not I die seems totally random. Sometimes I get randomly taken out while no enemies are close while others I end up with 10 of them surrounding me in one minute. There was even one instance where a dog was approaching and I shot the bastard unscoped with the sniper and he didn't die. He just rolled over and lunged at me, and since I suck ass at hitting Z at the proper time to kill dogs, I was done for. :mad:

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
Use the other guy as cover? :D

I completed it on veteran by hanging left, as the enemies will be approaching you from 2 sides only then.
Before the people are dropped in, make sure you use those claymores you get. (Can't you also C4 some cars? Double tap use key to detonate.) Pick up an AK as alternate weapon while doing this.
Choppers come in: snipe the bastards who drop down while they slide down the rope, they're too easy to pick off. By hanging left pretty closely to the concrete wall thingies, you're able to snipe the main entrance. Enemies will be coming around the left though, so check that regularly and pull out the AK. (fire in bursts!)
After a while, when the 'second wave' comes in, make sure to keep left clear as many enemies will be coming from the middle. When left is relatively clear, focus on midfield and right. Duck, use the concrete thingies for cover and shoot the enemies coming in right (they're at distance, might wanna switch to sniper but don't get screwed on close range then) to middle. Flashbang before reload, and lob grenades a lot. If you think its safe to switch to the sniper to save AK ammo, do so.

Last edited:

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
What I do is this: your behind the ferris wheel, when things start getting hot, go to your right, behind the pavilion thingy.

Last edited:

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
What I do is this: your behind the ferris wheel, when things start getting hot, go to your right, behind the pavilion thingy.
Essentially what I did. I backed up into the invisible wall and went prone so they couldn't shoot me from on top of the pavilion. They could only come from one direction so I was able to hold them off long enough for the freaking chopper to come it. I freaking HATED that stupid ass level. That's actually the only reason I haven't gone back and played it on Hardcore. No HUD sounds good, that freaking level a notch harder sounds torturous.

~Jason

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Yah, I've heard hiding behind the bumper cars is the best option but I've never tried it. Apparently if you crouch by the far railing there will be a distinct lack of bullets that find their way to your face.

When I was playing on hardened I tried to use the concrete barriers Jrub mentioned but that ended in utter failure every time. The enemies seem to adjust where they come in depending on where you are, so when I was over on the left side of the barriers, suddenly there would be a crapload more guys charging me from there. Lines of sight are very reduced there so it didn't work too well.

Defeat

Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
Here is a fun mini game I made up. In the sniper mission when you see the dog eating the body, shoot him. Then you get 10 or so dogs that come at you. See if you can break each ones neck before they kill your partner. I don't know if the difficulty setting make a difference for the dogs but was able to do all of them on Veteran :}

Note: There is a save point right before it so don't worry if you fail :p

Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Man, f**k this s**t.

The level after the ferris wheel is 10x harder. Making it up to the barn is fine but getting back down is completely f**king ridiculous. There's about a billion enemies who suddenly, unlike the ferris wheel section, can actually shoot you accurately. The air strikes don't kill hardly anyone, the enemies can apparently shoot through smoke with ease, and as soon as I step into the first field I get f**king headshot five times in a row regardless of how many air strikes and smoke bombs I've done.

Stupid. :mad:

Defeat

Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
This is exactly why I love Veteran on Cod4, they actually made it very hard to beat it on the hardest level. T2A, go to the right of the barn, not directly down the path between the fields, and smoke does work. When you make it to the first house go to the left all the way and go down that way. IMO that village level is the hardest out of all of them all too.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I just hit 55 really late this night. I unlocked the Red Tiger camo on my P90, and currently practicing with the M60. Both of these I can only play good with.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
The level after the ferris wheel is 10x harder. Making it up to the barn is fine but getting back down is completely f**king ridiculous. There's about a billion enemies who suddenly, unlike the ferris wheel section, can actually shoot you accurately. The air strikes don't kill hardly anyone, the enemies can apparently shoot through smoke with ease, and as soon as I step into the first field I get f**king headshot five times in a row regardless of how many air strikes and smoke bombs I've done.

As soon as that section starts (running back from the barn) you need to sprint across the field on the right side, periodically jump down to prone while you lob grenades or call an airstrike. The point is to move up as quick as possible b/c you're against the clock and b/c once your team moves up they'll do the shooting for you.
Don't waste smoke bombs here, save them for around the area you have to sprint across once you pass the chopper again, obviously don't bother getting into it and using the minigun. Go right of it through the church.
Save your smoke nades for after you're out of the church and need to get down the hill that you previously defended. Throw them all over the place on that hill, around the middle then sprint down the right side.
Once you get to the gas station where you started previously, before the whole flashback, get inside the little building and hide in the back .

This forces your team to get down to the landing zone quickly and they'll clear out/occupy the enemy. Stay hidden in the gas station until your air lift lands then sprint on board.

They made it that stupidly difficult to try and hide the fact you can complete the game in an hour and a half otherwise >.<

Basically, but it's a crazy-ass challenge too which is nice. A lot of games hardest difficulty aren't hard enough.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
uavisonlinebj9.png

uavisonlinebj9.png

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
WE MAY HAVE LOST THE BATTLE, BUT NOT THE WAR!!!

BTW, here's a little short fun I had messing with my M60 yesterday.

Attachments

• shot0005.jpg
    shot0005.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited: