Static Mesh collision question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nemezis

Marcio Nemezis Silva
Mar 18, 2004
Portugal
www.nemezis.pt.vu
Hi
I am making some stairs in 3ds max, I import them, they get ok. But I have added a simple brush as collision, so the bots and me also, can pass threw the stair mesh, but not the colision (that defines the steps). The problem is, I am still going colliding with the stair mesh :eek:

Where can I set the adequate properties for this? :rolleyes:

Thank you

gears

Jun 20, 2003
Did you right click on the Static mesh and click last option Save Brush As Collision?

Nemezis

Marcio Nemezis Silva
Mar 18, 2004
Portugal
www.nemezis.pt.vu
Sure... I dit it alot. But the bots still were going coliding with the mesh... anyway. I have removed those meshes from the level, they were very anoying, full of faces, and very eye-candy. I have simplified the map, and got another way of solving it: Disabling the collision in the collision properties of the mesh (F4) and placing an independent blocking volume in the way...

Thanks

gears

Jun 20, 2003
Now I just remeber when I had this problem. But it can be caused by a floating unused vertex in your mesh. Not sure what program you are using to creat the mesh but in Max click on your mesh go into vertex edit mode and find a button called Remove Isolated Vertices. So if you ever have this problem again give it a try. Don't know why Unreal does not like floating vertices that are not used by any faces.