The Desktop Pic Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
I do because that fucking retarded 16:9 aspect ratio invaded PC monitors and it just eats up to much space on the bottom.

There are slim "skins" for windows aka shell themes aka msstyles. They trim down the taskbar width.

Set taskbar to autohide and the problem is solved!
If your cursor drifts to close to the bottom much this can get really annoying.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
good bump.
I used to like this thread. almost forgot about it.

my desktop still has that ultra-clean thing going on.

[screenshot]http://s13.postimg.org/wzufryuhx/desk.jpg[/screenshot]

I love a desktop that's completely free of clutter and this is my favorite iteration yet. using default Windows 7 interface, it's called the '3-button-system.' every program I need on a daily basis is organized inside the "apps" folder while the "temp" folder is for organizing anything that comes and goes on a weekly basis; individual documents/pics/music/downloads etc. those are the first 2 buttons. the third is the trash can which resides all alone in the opposite corner. with this system I can access virtually any file on my harddrive in 3 clicks or less.

it also just lets me enjoy the background image which rotates (once every hour) through my latest batch of uploaded photos. during the past 1.5 months I've been taking a LOT of pictures of our new dog, a golden retriever named "Yadi" after St Louis Cardinals baseball player Yadier Molina. yes, we are pathetically hardcore baseball fans.

[GU]elmur_fud

Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
@^ Golden Retrievers are WAY too photogenic.

--------------------------------------

I am not a big fan of minimalism. But clearly I like otters.
[SCREENSHOT]http://i.imgur.com/GxNTjEf.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Last edited:

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
pug-licking-screen-o.gif

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
I obviously like old sports cars and warm colors. No cleaning necessary as I never put anything right on my desktop. Never really see it either because I always have stuff open and I just use sleep mode so they never get closed.

[SCREENSHOT]http://i.imgur.com/FVfjTnK.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

HugoMarques

☆☆☆☆☆
Dec 14, 2010
Portugal
[GU]elmur_fud;2590383 said:
It over stretches the page on some resolutions.

Seriously?

This is a PC gaming forum. Except for evilgrins and leo, who can't afford - 10 year old PCs, everyone here is browsing this at + 1920x1080, and it looks like those two dudes don't really care about off-topic.

Your desktop pic (really cool, BTW) was not over stretching the page at those resolutions at all...

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
yeah I've never seen an image on BuF that stretched my page.
it's 24 inches.

What's the problem with big pics, anyway?
apparently some people still use 56k dial up modems to access the inter-tubes...

well to be fair I guess some people check the forums on their phones.
but to be fair, that's kinda dumb :p

Last edited:

[GU]elmur_fud

Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
Seriously?

This is a PC gaming forum. Except for evilgrins and leo, who can't afford - 10 year old PCs, everyone here is browsing this at + 1920x1080, and it looks like those two dudes don't really care about off-topic.

Your desktop pic (really cool, BTW) was not over stretching the page at those resolutions at all...

1600x900 limited by my monitor because my nice 1 died and I haven't got around to replacing it yet... But I have made the same argument.

yeah I've never seen an image on BuF that stretched my page.
it's 24 inches.

apparently some people still use 56k dial up modems to access the inter-tubes...

well to be fair I guess some people check the forums on their phones.
but to be fair, that's kinda dumb :p

The typical term is that it 'breaks the page' ... but buf's css seem to handle it without to much graphical issues.

... hillarious troll on the 56k bit since all the screenshot tag does is scale the displayed image... it still loads whatever file size it is...:lol: