UE3 - UT3 Trggering Sound off and a new one on

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

liquid573

May 5, 2008
Hi all. I am just starting out with Kismet and I am having a hard time trying to figure out what to do here. What I wanna accomplish is to set up a trigger for a generator mesh which will turn off the ambient sound of the generator running and activate the sound of the generator shutting off. So far I have this:
kismetya1.jpg

I feel pretty certain that my event is scripted ok, if not please lemme know what I am doing wrong. However, I cannot activate the trigger in-game. That's where I need the help. When I run up to the generator mesh and hit the 'E' key, nothing happens. So far I have had no luck in finding info on this subject or anything similar, so all help here is appreciated.

Seth-x

Computer Monkey
May 10, 2008
San Mateo, CA
Hi all. I am just starting out with Kismet and I am having a hard time trying to figure out what to do here. What I wanna accomplish is to set up a trigger for a generator mesh which will turn off the ambient sound of the generator running and activate the sound of the generator shutting off. So far I have this:
I feel pretty certain that my event is scripted ok, if not please lemme know what I am doing wrong. However, I cannot activate the trigger in-game. That's where I need the help. When I run up to the generator mesh and hit the 'E' key, nothing happens. So far I have had no luck in finding info on this subject or anything similar, so all help here is appreciated.

First thing that I would try doing to see if the sequence is working at all is to add a comment to part of the sequence and also enable output comment to screen. If the text pops up, then the sequence works as far as UT3 is concerned, and you then have to hook things up differently to get it how the editor wants it setup.

Also, if you are using a use trigger, then you shouldnt need to hook up an instigator--that appears as if it is currently asking for StaticActor_27 to do something, and not the player. If you are trying to get the object to play a sound or the sound to player somewhat need the object, the only thing I can currently think of is to make it an InterpActor and in the properties hook up sound in there.

Oh, try right clicking on the Play Sound action in kismet, expose variable, Play sound and then hook up your sound there (and probably the static mesh in the target variable).

I will post more later if I can get sound to work, but I wont work on it for a little while yet.