Official UT3 Loving Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

fuegerstef

Nov 7, 2003
KillingRoom
fuegerstef.de
That's because the people liking the game are spending a lot more time playing it.

Offline or on PS3. :(

UT3 can sort of be compared to Vista in a few years time everyone will be using it.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/10/vista-successor-vienna-planned-for-late-2009/

Sounds more like the "UT2003 -> UT2004" story... ...just with OS.

On topic:

I liked DM in UT3 (Except for the fact I have to aim at my own feet to shoot that opponent's head 10 yards away with Flak secondary).

Last edited:

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
Perhaps Epic should have done it reverse psychology, claim it's really horrible, worse than ever, before the release and when people play it they only see the things they like instead of complaining about all the stuff that was expected, nearly promised, to be there.

I have to admit that I would play the game a lot more if it was as good as the classic predecessor Unreal Tournament was, but it's still good, right now I don't have the time to play it, besides I have already played through it the ways I usually do. I have played all the deathmatch maps several times and it gets old kind of fast. All the custom maps makes a huge difference thou, but I can't help it, there are other, more intelligent, games to play.

I guess I will always love the Unreal universe. Because of the right on action it provides. In a year there should be a bonus pack or an expansion that pleases the crowds.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
What keep me in the game is the community support, the way that people will give us new stuff, and the fact that I am not forced to play online to get some frags. Yeah the AI is a god damn hax sometimes but it's when you do some shoping looking for other games like TF2 or COD4 that you really have to play online to get some fun, it starts to get irritating. Also, none of these games (Even if I like them too) will give me that adrenaline push where you can dodge around headshoting while moving extremely fast in a non-sense. No, COD4 for example is not to show your head around otherwise you're dead. Something that I really don't stand for 24/7.

This is what UT is all about.

FuLLBLeeD

fart
Jan 23, 2008
Kansas
awwsmack.org
Seconded, 1v1 in this game is awesome.

Every single weapon is an improvement on its UT2004 iteration besides the Sniper Rifle (I know it's essentially the same thing as the LG, but it's just not as cool). Shoot, that sentence contained negativity. Uh, how about... "The flak, rockets, shock, goo, minigun, link gun, enforcers, and impact hammer are all improvements on the UT2004 iterations"?

+1, except the Sniper Rifle is alot cooler and better than the LG. :)

Buffy

Nov 16, 2005
I enjoying UT3 but ...

I really want all things UT2004 have
like ...
Bot menu config for Team too
UT3 dont have menu to choose which bot for blue or red team
also I really want all bot's Icon in menu with all config option too
andSpectate option in Instant Action !!!
even UT99 have !
[screenshot]http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/4962/spectatexn0.jpg[/screenshot]
[screenshot]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/6330/botconfigta8.jpg[/screenshot]
and
Map of in cut scene and Malcom model !
:D

Last edited:

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
Actually it is really easy to spectate a bot match currently in IA. Just bind a key to the "viewbot" command and as soon as you enter a match hit that key. To cycle through bots just hit the key again. This is almost the same as spectator mode except there is no first person view.

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
Glad that this thread is still here, alive and kicking. Now turning into a wishful thinking thread. I like it so far. Keep up the spirit!

New full releases really make my day.

DM-Singularity
DM-Campgrounds2k8

Yesterday I played a map just to hear the wonderful track which isn't on the OST.

CTF-Coret

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
+1 at duels actually being fun now.

Invulnerability isn't bad for FFA. I think it's a cool dynamic. In duels it would be worse than the shield gun at it's worst.

Gameplay wise, I really love everything but CTF. Honestly even though I love the game, I find it easier to pinpoint what I don't like because the list is smaller.

Who do you duel with T2A? I haven't picked up anything from the scrim bot yet, though I want to, but whether in pub pickup, or duel server idling, I've enjoyed all my 1v1's, even when my opponents left early, or we were playing on a non-duel server with ws-on (I liked it less than ws-off, but it was still fun).

I really dig most of the DM maps too. I had my gripes at first, but the more I learn maps like Arsenal, Diesel, and Defiance, they really are classic maps. Very on top of them selves, Arsenal still surprises me, as I learn quickest routes from A to B.

I dig warslaught too. The objectives are a good combination of useful, but not game breaking, the vehicles are not perfect, but much better (barring the sound issues), and the orb brings some interesting strategy to the table.

haslo

Moar Pie!
Jan 21, 2008
Bern CH
www.haslo.ch
I'll join the mindless loving with some groundless bit of "hey, I love this game" too then :)

Of course it's easier to whine and hate than it is to appreciate. It's very true that those who like the game just play it, while those who don't love to whine and flame, I've seen that in other forums too - as long as you have nothing to complain about, unless you're a hopeless forum addict like me there isn't much reason for posting in forums...

It is also true that most of the whiners are people who come from UT2k4. Apparently, others who liked UT99 and didn't care much for UT2kx like me didn't go out and start whining on forums as well, which is different now - but then, everybody wanting to voice their opinion on the internet is a very, very recent development anyway.

Either way, the game is great and bordering awesome, but it's not exactly what was promised. Like, Warfare was originally meant to be a "hop in at any time" thing, spanning several zones with different settings, with places to conquer that gave you advantages - basically, what it is now, just larger. The server browser was told to be a particular highlight of the game. All kinds of things that don't bother me, who didn't care much for everything UT because I was so disappointed by UT2kx, in the slightest, but do bother those who expected those things to come true. That's the true problem. And of course that the weapon balance is apparently nothing like UT2kx, but more like UT99, making me feel right at home again (and those whiners about the Flak alt fire having a different trajectory need to learn some physic lessons when they claim that the shell hits "right at the crosshair" in UT99 - that's distance-dependent, fools).

I've said it before - those who don't like the game, take a step back, forget you play UT for a week or two, maybe wait for patch 2 or 3, and then start playing again with an open mind. You'll love this awesome gem of a game.

Last edited:

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
Actually it is really easy to spectate a bot match currently in IA. Just bind a key to the "viewbot" command and as soon as you enter a match hit that key. To cycle through bots just hit the key again. This is almost the same as spectator mode except there is no first person view.

Bind another key to: behindview 0

Kou

Augmentations > You
I'll just say that the code for UT3 makes a lot more sense than 2k4. That's my opinion, anyways.

After a brief hiatus, I think it's time for me to start enjoying UT3 again. The things that bugged people (namely the Menu) never really bothered me at all. I'm looking forward to FragBU again.

XeroWolf

Unreal Ninja
Jan 21, 2006
Grenada
I really want all things UT2004 have
like ...
Bot menu config for Team too
UT3 dont have menu to choose which bot for blue or red team
also I really want all bot's Icon in menu with all config option too
andSpectate option in Instant Action !!!
even UT99 have !
[screenshot]http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/4962/spectatexn0.jpg[/screenshot]
[screenshot]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/6330/botconfigta8.jpg[/screenshot]
and
Map of in cut scene and Malcom model !
:D

I love playing UT3 but certain things like that^ just throw me off completely. You can even see what the bots look like and you can only add one instance of a bot at a time. I thought they were supposed to add new features not remove those that we loved.

The menu never bothered me that much. It's just a lot of stuff form UT2K4 or UT99 seems to be missing. :(

Last edited: