unreal engine 2 editor help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Shadereapper

Mar 23, 2009
every time i go to run my unreal editor this pops up an close the program and it started righ after i clicked on a button called "toggle dock status" in the material editor..ive tryed to unistall an reinstall but unfortuneatly it didnt work....pls help

No Label

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 3204 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series (555)

General protection fault!

History: WBrowserStaticMesh::UpdateMenu <- WBrowserStaticMesh::OnSize <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- WBrowserStaticMesh::OnCreate <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- PerformCreateWindowEx <- WBrowser::OpenWindow <- WBrowserStaticMesh::OpenWindow <- WM_BROWSER_UNDOCK <- WEditorFrame::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc

Shadereapper

Mar 23, 2009
so any idea hhow to fix it?...i prolly couldve fixed this a long time ago, but the techs at my school havent told me how to do so yet so ive resorted to useing forums for help

Phoenix_Wing

Official Kantham Stalker
Mar 28, 2008
California
NOTE: Before doing any actions below MAKE A BACKUP of all files you wish to delete/modify

That kinda sucks, look for something along the lines of this: UED.ini or UnrealRuntime.ini or anything to do with the editor. In UT2004 theres a file called UT2004.ini and it houses almost all your settings, which one of those UED.ini or something like that should house your runtime settings too. Delete that file(make a backup first), load up Runtime, and it should remake that file and hopefully solve the problem. Hope that helps. If that doesn't work try deleting UnrealEd.ini as that houses some default settings for the editor.

Last edited: