Official UT3 complaint thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT3 now or waited?

• Glad it is out now, i cant wait.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • Wish they would have waited.

Votes: 85 61.6%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 24 17.4%

• Total voters

Shadow]I[

Dec 3, 2002
Utah
mouse sensitivity that changes depending on your framerate needs to be fixed nao :mad:

(and the menu having to load when u exit map)

sadpanda

Jan 19, 2008
UT3 Launch + 1st 2 Months - Pictorial Review

failboat2ux5ac4.jpg

End of Pictorial Review

------------------------------------

Rant

How dare Epic treat it's fans, it's supporters, it's, Quote Bread and Butter /unquote like this. First they tell us about all the things that are going to be in the game, game modes etc, well, they weren't in the game, then they give us that abomination they called a 'demo', a 'beta' demo to boot, then they have even more gall, to thrust upon us that half assed, half finished, steaming turd they call a game. It's a travesty, an insult to UT'ers, with the most hideous menu ever created by man, plus all the other problems the game has (no need to mention them, I'm sure y'all well aware of them).

Worst still, they leave you in the dark, they will not respond to any questions on their official forums, they treat their customers like idiots, locking and deleting threads, even genuine threads for no apparent reason other than the author was not kissing Epics ass. People have posted threads about creating anti cheat measures for the game, this is the user creating it, not asking Epic to do it, the threads are closed without warning or reason. Make a negative comment about the game, Epic or Midway, about how there are few players playing, or comment on the sales figures, the thread will be Locked/Deleted, and in some cases you may even get banned for your trouble. It is truly pathetic some of the threads that are being locked and deleted, they are not doing themselves any favours.

It appears that Epic have left the PC gamers behind, in favour of the console gamers, every interview you see, it will be 99.9% about PS3/XBox, just look at the game, it's clearly made with console players/play in mind. They lie point blank to you, apart from the stuff that we were told would be in the game, they come out with quotes like the following, expecting you to swollow them,

"PC is our Bread and Butter" - yeah right, we can see that

"When it's done" - lol, UT3, when it's done, right ;)

"You can have it right now, or you can have it right" - lol, well, we certainly never got it 'right now', with all the delays etc, and we sure as hell never got it 'right', there must be another option to that statement, 'cause the game is a mess, as evidenced by the lack of players, and poor sales.

"There's a lot of cool stuff coming for this game" - Yeah, if we create it ourselves, or own a console maybe, don't forget us PC gamers, you know, your Bread and Butter

and on and on it goes, Mark Rein must be a walking fertilizer factory, every time he opens his mouth, sh!t comes out.

Very Disappointed

Last edited:

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
A history and favorites tab that worked would be nice, thx.

And if I need to download a map when a server switches to one I don't have, how about not kicking me out of the server.

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
My Needlessly Exclaimed Whines

Warfare is not a good replacement for Assault!

Singleplayer is lacking!

Singleplayer is way too long!

Where's the Tournament in Unreal Tournament 3?

Necris > Axon lolol!

The Hellbender steering is horrible!

How's that for a list of whines?

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
grrrr.....I wonder why they delete threads like this, really?

Oh maybe because they don't help at ALL

«MechikTaj»

lolol First blood betrayals
First of all: :lol: at pic.
Second of all, most of this has already been debated on to death and beyond.
The only good it'll (hopefully) do is convince Epic to release a few patches for the game to fix as many of the current issues as possible and to release bonus packs.
I really don't think they're going to remake the game from the ground up, so UT3 will pretty much always be as it is now - with the obvious exception of mods and TCs.

Jordan L

Jan 20, 2008
Well people laugh about how Epic said, " Its done when its done " then shipped it to the PC. Well Epic was half right though, UT3 for Consoles is a done deal, its complete. Now, UT3 for PC is another story, you can't port a console game directly to a PC with no further work and expect it to be accepted " Done ".

I always get this nagging scream in my head that screams " Console Game " when I'm playing UT3. Epic fix please. :B

First Post :violin:

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
It might just be my imagination but, as the release date approached in the second half of '07, I remember them saying "When it's fun" in interviews. That's a whole different ballpark than "When it's done."

I'm gonna have to do a little research.

Sijik

Snagged an item.
Aug 27, 2004
All Hallows Sunset
Why is BU now the fall-back home for the refuse of the official boards?
We don't need spamming trolls.

Sometimes people who get banned from the official boards are banned for a reason...

Last edited:

Jordan L

Jan 20, 2008
Do you know when the launch is? Neither do we," said Epic vice president Mark Rein. The outspoken developer echoed the infamous tagline of his colleagues at id Software, telling GameSpot, "but we know when UT2007 will be done: WHEN IT'S DONE!

This isn't the fastest selling UT title ever but it's doing pretty well and we're going to support it with some pretty cool things to help it keep selling over time."

We do not know exactly when the game will be completed. All we've said is that we're hoping for a November release but as you know we value getting it right over getting it right now so there's no guarantee of that.

vbnvb fxg hxdh dzg dzfg dzgf

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
If Mark would shut his mouth people wouldn't have much to be disappointed about.

That said, the OP has a point. They failed to deliver what was promised and people naturally are upset and not playing the game. If they had admitted to pushing the game out quicker than they had wanted then a lot of poo might have remained unflung. Why they couldn't delay the PC version to the PS3 release date I will never understand. The v1.1 patch is how the game should have gone to retail even if it's still subpar.

The numbers speak for themselves -- during peak hours there's only about 250-300 people playing UT3 in the US. Over 100 of them will be concentrated on five servers running VCTF/WAR with 24-player limits. Compare that to TF2's 10,000 and COD4's 18,000. The rest of the world brings in about another 500 players to UT3.

There ain't much out there, unfortunately.

Lethargy

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Feb 24, 2006
I really wanted a game that I would actually get excited about playing... this whole issue just makes me depressed. Even if I could pretend all the issues weren't there, looking at a broken server browser hoping people will join servers isn't exactly thrilling.

h.pocus

Jan 20, 2008
It might just be my imagination but, as the release date approached in the second half of '07, I remember them saying "When it's fun" in interviews. That's a whole different ballpark than "When it's done."

I'm gonna have to do a little research.

It doesn't really matter, neither statement is true.

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
no option to toggle mature taunts and all taunts?!!?! UGH I'M STUCK HEARING "F YEAH" NOW too STORNG for my VIRGIN EARS and i cant hear team commands without stupid "AW SMACK" !

Emmet Otter

I miss XMP :(
May 26, 2003
Home of the NHL Devils
Visit site
The OP has every right to feel and write about what he thinks about his purchase of this half-assed console game. I also am very upset at how they treat their pc fans in their forums. Deleting threads and turning a blind eye from their fans that has supported them all these years is totally disgusting! This is why we see alot of people coming in here to vent their anger and frustration about the $50 they have wasted.

For me, I wont buy this game until they offer all the options that we had in 2k4 menus (weaponthrow, custom crosshairs, video options, ext.....) and some serious bot AI fixing and some desparately needed vehicle tweaks!

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
Why is BU now the fall-back home for the refuse of the official boards?

huh? I use the official boards

people have opinions

why don't you grow up and learn to respect the rights for others to have opinions OH WAIT if it's not brown nosing it's trolling yep i get it yep gotta have disneyworld friendship circle now yep

NLxAROSA

Jan 20, 2008
articles.alyssar.nl
So, am I the only one who actually likes UT3? The menus are poo (especially the inviting friends function), but I think the game itself is pretty solid, at least after the 1.1 patch.