Need Meshes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rykin

Sep 30, 2009
I am in a level design class using UE2RT and I have been looking for some static meshes to use in my level design. I just need some basic modern office type stuff (desks, chairs, shelves, vending machines, coffee cups, etc) but I am having zero luck finding anything for Unreal besides space themed stuff.

Just wondering if someone out there can point me to somewhere that has free models/meshes I could use to help me finish up the design of my level? Is it possible to convert SketchUp models to a format that UE2RT can use because I have found lots of stuff that would probably work if I could?

Rykin

Sep 30, 2009
Was looking for something that doesn't require me to know how to use 3DS Max because I am pretty much lost in there. All the tutorials I can find seem to assume you know what you are doing in it and I don't.

brunomartelli

very briefly...

In Sketchup Pro export mesh as .3ds

In 3ds max import the .3ds
- Select all verts, weld them, select all polys then auto smooth.
- Click the 'show normals' box and check that faces are round the right way.
- Assuming that you have an model with more than one texture, in the Material window, make a 'MultiSubObject' texture &import textures for each Multisubobject channel, then use the 'UVW' and unwrap 'UVW' modfiers to get the texture mapping right.
- Then export as .ase
--------
this guy has great 3ds Max video tutes:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=GuyBluesummers#p/u/52/lQyOai5UezQ

The built in help in 3ds max is also very good