I love ebay...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
Just received a sealed, mint copy of Unreal. Quite the find for me and I have to say I am pretty freakin happy. I have been looking for a sealed box for a long, long time and though I have 2 others that are in pretty good condition, to get one that is unopened and in this condition is a treasure. The new highlight of my collection for sure.

Just had to share... ;)

IMG_5760_resize_zpsaac54b80.jpg

IMG_5762_resize_zps3921f8ce.jpg

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
What's to notice in the first image is that in the background there are old beta shots and an unknown map.

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
Yes, that elusive mystery castle and 2 boxes from the hitherto unknown '93 pre-beta-beta alpha leak.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I still have a copy of Unreal unopened. The only damage on it is a slice in the box top from when they opened the containing box.

I actually might have a second one now that I think about it... I also have an unopened Freespace 2 Limited Edition, a few unopened UT2004 napkin holders, an unopened UT for Mac :p and I have about 5 unopened copies of Unreal Championship 2 don't ask me why.

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
@Firefly: Well, the game is mint; it's right in front of me, in my hands and yes...the box is pristine. No scratches, bends or creases and the corners are sharp and unscathed. Not shrink-wrapped though (Unreal was never completely wrapped), but it has the circular seals on the top and bottom cover. Sure, may be some trickery but it looks the part, so what the heck? Call me gullible, I guess.

@Sir_Brizz: Cool. It is a nice thing to have, if only for nostalgia. 2 is cooler. :) I have UT2K4, Totally Unreal, UT, UT3, Unreal 2 and now Unreal all unopened; multiple copies of some for selling/gifts and all in near-mint condition. Nice to have. That Freespace edition is an item! I have over 60 games in my collection now and do have Descent 3. I loved that game back in the day. Forsaken was another good one that was along those lines; I have an unopened big box copy of that as well.

@Al: $13 for the game mate (a steal really), but much more for shipping. The joy of the Korean expat. :) I have to say that the seller was really cool. He packed it in a huge box with bubble wrap and newspaper and it arrived in only 5 days. Good guy.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
It's not an unknown map, that map in the background is the "Amethyst" map by Eric Reuter, it was perhaps the last "finished" map he made before "leaving" the Unreal team around March 1998. Although he rejoined for an expansion pack for Intel deal(cancelled) and he made lots of levels for the Unreal PSX as well(many of which remain lost, again but at least something got recovered from that)
It's supposed to be in the SkyCity stuff and it uses partially nalicastle textures too.
Don't ask me where to get this map, I would like to see it too, but Eric lost all that stuff in around year 2006 anyway.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Yes, that elusive mystery castle and 2 boxes from the hitherto unknown '93 pre-beta-beta alpha leak.
What do you mean with the later statement? doesn't make much sense. 93 leak? Unreal hardly existed back then and what "boxes"?

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Hmm should get me one of these, too. Me idiot threw the original black Unreal and RTNP boxes away long time ago. Still hatin' myself for this, it was so pretty.

I ordered a Razer Diamondback vie eBay from a Korean vendor last year. Was also satisfied with the service.

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
What do you mean with the later statement? doesn't make much sense. 93 leak? Unreal hardly existed back then and what "boxes"?

I was just kidding Leo. I thought the previous poster was also joking; there is nothing exceptional about the box or art on it (I have 2 other big boxes of Unreal and they are the same), so I played along with the joke. The "boxes" I referred to were the ones behind the Skaarj and Krall. The "mystery castle" was meant also as humor, seeing as the Nali castle may be the most known image of the game.

:)

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I don't think he was joking, but to some people it might not be obvious those are beta maps in the background, so that was more of his point.
You mean the "boxes" at the nalicastle pic where the poles stick out of it? I believe it was this exact way in the leaked beta too, but yeah.

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
Of course Leo, and while what he pointed out is true, none of it is unique to the box pictured, which UBerserker's post seemed to imply.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I just checked and I have an original boxed Mac version of the game.

LOL...

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
Cool find! There is one of those (a new boxed mac version) on ebay now as well, but the box looks a bit mashed.

This just arrived, speaking of Mac...

IMG_5817b_resize_zpsa67fce14.jpg