Beginning to take interest in this game again...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Even if I do have to download a slew of crap to get it up and running smoothly.

I believe that the only two essential files I need are the Titan Pack and the 2.1 Patch. Do I install the Titan Pack first or the 2.1 Patch though?

Further, what are now the more famous mods and mutators for this game? Lay it on me, my fellow BUFers. :\

BlackFish

ginger synther hipster
May 9, 2004
If you put your cdkey on steam it'll do all the major updates for you. (Update to Black Edition). MapMixer 3 is your best friend if you want to be doing offline gaming.

Further the offline gaming bit, if you plan on having friends over for splitscreen gaming you might want to try this. It'll give players separate profiles.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/foxmod-splitscreen

Last edited:

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
If you put your cdkey on steam it'll do all the major updates for you. (Update to Black Edition). MapMixer 3 is your best friend if you want to be doing offline gaming.

Further the offline gaming bit, if you plan on having friends over for splitscreen gaming you might want to try this. It'll give players separate profiles.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/foxmod-splitscreen
Noted. I know what Mapmixer does in UT2004 but will Mapmixer 3 allow me to change weapon placements and items at all?

Gothik

Day Tripper
Jun 8, 2000
UK
Visit site
I believe that the only two essential files I need are the Titan Pack and the 2.1 Patch. Do I install the Titan Pack first or the 2.1 Patch though?

Install 2.1, install Titan Pack, install 2.1 again. The Titan pack will not install unless the game is version 2.0, but 2.1 includes some fixes for the pack so must be installed again after it.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Install 2.0 first, then titan pack, then 2.1, that's how I did it at least afaik. Why installing same thing twice anyway?

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Alright. Thanks, everyone, for the tips. I'll be sure to post when I've finally got the game again.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I actually like 2.0 better though, don't like some of the changes that 2.1 brought without much thinking just because players wanted it or making them optional.
Too bad there wasn't a further patch due to the Midway fiasco.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Alright. Got Unreal Tournament 3 up and running perfectly! UI is still a little annoying but oh well. I'll get used to it. If anyone has any mutator or server suggestions, please let me know.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
@ M^ut: Yep...it totally makes the game for me. Wouldn't enjoy it so much without it. Goodbye crappy bloom overkill, murky obliqueness and desaturated death.

@Arnox: right, sorry....mutators. Check here....lots of good ones and the titles are pretty self-explanatory:

http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=Mutators/