Valve Game Controllers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
If you feel like playing a casual shooter or a racing game or anything that would merit a controller, and you want to play it on your big ass TV, but the game itself is on your PC (specifically Steam), now you will be able to play it not on a chair in your room on a desk, but on a sofa in front of your big ass TV.

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
Alleged rumors are silly. Like the "Steambox" and "Source 2" (how does one sequel a frankenstein patchwork?), i'll believe it when I see it

Last edited:

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Well with Valve's Big Screen beta and the controller beta it's kind of obvious where they're headed. Since they make so many FPS games maybe they can come up with something that doesn't suck for controlling them from the couch. If they release a console some day I'd probably buy it over Xbox or Playstation. I don't think we'll ever have to worry about they closing up access to modding since most of their popular games depend heavily on it.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
I wonder if it will have more buttons. The 360 controller works well, but I wish it had more buttons on top. To me the Hammerhead FX was the best PC controller ever.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
I have literally no interest in a Valve branded controller. I have plenty of other USB devices already for games that support them.

Alleged rumors are silly. Like the "Steambox" and "Source 2" (how does one sequel a frankenstein patchwork?), i'll believe it when I see it

Source 2 is only a rumour in that it hadn't been officially confirmed, but it's clear that it exists, since Source is now a full generation behind it's contemporaries. It may have had plenty of modern features tacked on to it over the years, but it's only as next-gen as far as Quake is next-gen; the architecture is insufficient to support it in the coming years and it's not like this hasn't been showing.

(Valve's new engine has been officially confirmed to exist now anyway)

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com
This is all very well, but a lot of games on steam require patches from their developers. while it may not be valves fault, they are promoting some "unplayable" games.

I'm sure we can all name a few incomparable games that won't run on your modern OS but that you picked up in a sale.

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
Source 2 is only a rumour in that it hadn't been officially confirmed

Considering Value operates on a flat structure and individuals choose their own projects, it's virtually certain that Source 2 exists, if only as a test on a lone employee's hard disk.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Controllers are great for driving games but I still prefer a mouse and keyboard for shooters.... call me old school.

I think we all do. I know I do. But, that doesn't mean Valve figured out something better for playing on a couch. My problem was always that I'm left handed and aiming with an analog stick sucks.

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
Well i do like steam having a big picture mode.
I hope this means that eventually ill be able to play the same PC games with friends on my tv and yes a controller would be better in such a circumstance.