UE3 - UT3 How do you make Classic Unreal Tournament teleporters?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DerickVonD

Jan 15, 2009
I would like to make a teleporter in UT3, that is just like the teleporters in the original Unreal Tournament.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
You just place the teleporter as usual (probably using UTTeleporterCustomMesh instead of UTTeleporter so you don't have the overhead of the portal scene capturing stuff), but make it hidden. Then you need to create a particle system resembling the swirly default teleporter effects from UT and place an Emitter with that particle system at the teleporter's location.

DerickVonD

Jan 15, 2009
I meant like this
tele.jpg

I know I took the pic in Unreal Gold, but even though I remember playing this map in UT I can't find it. Basically I want a teleporter like this one. You can see where you are teleporting in real time and you can shoot into the teleporter.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Oh, that's no teleporter, it's a warp zone.
This feature (along with any other kinds of zones) does not exist in Unreal Engine 3 anymore. The closest thing would be a PortalTeleporter, but don't expect it to work as seemlessly as a warp zone.

DerickVonD

Jan 15, 2009
Thank you so much. Is there a way to rename the UTportals? I want to make multiple wrapzones without getting confused.

DerickVonD

Jan 15, 2009
GREAT! It doesn't work multiplayer. Only the host can see the wrapzones, even when the map is cooked.