Unreal Series Complete Music Collection

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Do you have U2 standalone or bundled in Anthology? As I don't have it in Anthology, while I had it in U2 (and I wrote the music section in LA :D )

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
UT2003

* Level1
* Level4
* Level10
* Level12
* Level14

Aside Level14 (which doesn't exist), you can find them here.

Search for UT2003. The only problem is that the website is most of the time down (as now), so you should wait until it gets fixed.

Those music tracks that Ronin gave to you seem to be custom stuff.

ZeaLitY

Modernaire
Feb 28, 2008
Got the UT2003 beta, so the only thing left now is to get the UT2003 beta demo to see if there's any different music there too. For UT2003, here are my final...uh, note:

* Level 7, 9, and 11 have different file sizes than their final UT2003 counterparts. But they're all the same songs (I think).

Now I've got to add the bonus content for 2004 to see if it adds any new songs, and install XMP / bonus packs for Unreal 2 and figure out why I'm missing the DutyCalls A and B.

After that's done, it's on to the Unreal Championship games, and the Unreal 2 alpha...for the UC games, I noticed that I can't browse those discs if I mount the ISOs with Daemon Tools. And the Game file extractor thing (http://www.watto.org/extract/games.html) won't pick stuff out of the ISO files. Anyone experienced in ripping stuff from these discs?

ZeaLitY

Modernaire
Feb 28, 2008
Recent developments:

* Can't install XMP since my Unreal II is uh, you know, so I may just ask for a volunteer to upload GameOverWin and GameOverLose (Dutycalls A and B at least came with the demo). Hopefully there's no other XMP music that I'll be missing because of this; maybe I can buy a cheap copy of U2 off Ebay. I even tried YASU cloaking; nothing worked...
* Used Game Extractor to get at the 18 music files for Unreal Championship, but I have no idea what format they are. VLC, Winamp, and Windows Media Player won't play them. Anyone know what it is? Sadly, GE can't seem to read the Unreal Championship 2 XWB files, so I'm looking for a different technique...

Apubwithnobeer.ogg was a nice surprise in 2K4 :D

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
I think there was a different version of that damn dm-rankin song in the UT2004 Public BETA demo that didn't have the stupid feedback part toward the end. Don't forget that

ZeaLitY

Modernaire
Feb 28, 2008
Noted. The search is now on for the public beta. I guess I'll also have to track down the UT3 public beta demo, assuming it's not different from the final demo version. Thanks!

ZeaLitY

Modernaire
Feb 28, 2008
Okay, that simplifies things. I read that UC's music files just need WAV headers to operate, so I'll try that later tonight.

ZeaLitY

Modernaire
Feb 28, 2008
Update...

Game Extractor won't read the UC2 archives, and I haven't had much success with putting WAV headers on UC's audio files, so that's suspended.

I think I'm just going to take what I have and prepare a "0.7" release torrent. People who flock to it might also see what I'm missing and offer ways to help, or enlighten me on a few questions. I still need to send MCA and Alex Brandon a message to see if they'd be interested in an interview and clarifying authorship of some tracks.

Once the 0.7 release is ready (probably after I finish getting Delacroix's wonderful package), I'll post here the "Missing Stuff" section of the readme. Thanks to everyone who's helped so far!

ZeaLitY

Modernaire
Feb 28, 2008
Small update:

I reviewed the four tracks that came from RoninFXMasta's package with a longtime U player and soundtrack lover, and...well first, the songs were:

Stardust.umx (doesn't play)
StillNacht.umx
Survivor.umx
WateryFowls.umx

We've concluded that Stardust, StillNacht, and WateryFowls are just fan pieces composed for custom maps or other purposes. In the case of WateryFowls, the fan author seemingly just ripped all of Michiel's samples to make it and left the tags intact. It's named Unreal #9 internally, but Unreal #9 is an ISV-Kran piece, so that's wrong. Survivor is done by "Sandman" -- but this isn't Alexander Brandon, but rather Torbjörn Karlsson, who had this website: http://web.archive.org/web/20020110115339/http://listen.to/sandman so it's not legitimate Unreal music.

Also, a question -- Is SDG-ONS06 used anywhere in UT2004? I tried all the ONS maps after installing the bonus megapack and didn't hear it.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Indeed I didn't hear it too - but it's an ownage track and must be left in. Also, quite a lot of custom mods and maps use it - it was even the menu music of UTXMP beta.

ZeaLitY

Modernaire
Feb 28, 2008
Oh yeah, definitely. Anything that gets shipped is in. Even Pub with No Beer :D

38% done downloading the betas :/

ZeaLitY

Modernaire
Feb 28, 2008
Damn, that took a while. Humorously, the U2 alpha has no music, and the UT2003 E3 beta demo had nothing new to contribute. I've got to ask Delacroix something...

This just leaves

* Unreal II and XMP (have to buy it since XMP has never been cracked)
* Unreal Tournament 3 Demo (I have NO idea what's going on here; all the Cooked files are in one folder, but it's like some are completely hidden. I can't even find the A_Music UPKs, even if I open the levels in UnrealEd)
* Unreal Tournament 3 - Missing song from Kevin Riepl's site, gctrailer06.mp3
* Unreal Championship 2 (Still no success ripping these)
* Commercial disc rips - Unreal - Soundtrack from the Hit Game, Unreal Series Anthology, UT3 soundtrack

I got the UT2004 public demo, but the Rankins were exactly the same (verified by CRC32). Perhaps there was another demo or something with the feedback-less Rankin? And where is the feedback sound in the current version?

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Unreal II and XMP - Anthology FTW?
Unreal Tournament 3 - what about others?
Unreal Championship 2 - Do you have those that are on the net? Seems to me that it's a complete collection.

ZeaLitY

Modernaire
Feb 28, 2008
For U2, grabbing the Anthology now.

For other UT3 stuff -- got it, if you mean the website files. Seems a rip was hosted on BU as "UT3 soundtrack prerelease" too.

UC2 -- yeah, I downloaded those MP3s in case I can't rip the originals. But the originals are preferred I guess, just for purism's sake. I ripped the XBOX DVD and tried EkszBox-ABX.exe on it, which is the best ripper for this kind of stuff. No luck; it can't read the source files to pull anything out of it. Same for Watto's Game Extractor. UC was a success with this though, so I'm guessing maybe UC2 just has better obfuscation technology or something...

ZeaLitY

Modernaire
Feb 28, 2008
Okay. Yeah, I'm still ripping sound effects and removing dupes for each game & its demos and betas. So they'll be in if we can just get this stuff ripped...

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Indeed. And also it might be of help for UC2004 people (although they're probably alreaady up to something. lol)
When you'll get problems with installing XMP, go read Unreal II's Liandri Archives page for Anthology XMP solution. :)