CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Take a look at my Ambush 120-20 game on normal. I can play decently on normal, Total Terrain Avionics. Just take the P90 and show everyone how this ****ing game isn't balanced for **** sake.

I'll say it again, SMG's own this game. No matter what you say, anyone with half a brain can put stopping power on, grab any SMG expect the skorpion and UZI because they are useless, Steady Aim and get a big score with it.

Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
You still haven't given a good reason as to why hardcore is balanced.

The only "balance" is that every weapon kills with one (maybe two) bullets, so they're all equally deadly in theory. But then, since some have big recoil or are slow or have restricted range issues, they're only equally deadly in some theoretical land where usability doesn't count for anything. Thus, you have to stick with the few weapons that have low recoil and aren't snipers, LMGs, or shotguns and then aren't bad out of the remaining subset... which leaves you with about five guns out of 22.

In other words, you just use the M4, like you're doing, because it's clearly the winner in hardcore mode and the only one truly worth using. How you can call being forced to use one gun balanced is beyond any human logic, Brizz Jr. The P90, which is only a bit unbalanced in normal mode because of its large clip, is much more unbalanced in hardcore because rather than taking 3-4 bullets per kill like it should it only takes one... without Stopping Power.

I wouldn't expect a hardcore mode enthusiast to get it, but when every gun does the same damage (which hardcore mode enforces via 30 health), the only thing left to decide on is which is the easiest to use. And then, since power is no longer an issue in any situation, perks, silencers, and ammo concerns are null and void as well. In "hardcore" mode you get to use the ideal loadout every time for every gun and every map and every situation -- a silent weapon, Bomb Squad, UAV Jammer, Dead Silence. No one will ever know where you are and your gun will be equal in power to every other gun when you should be totally gimped in the power department like in normal mode. Hardcore mode effectively neuters everything interesting and balanced about the game and reduces it down to M4s and tubes -- which, need I remind you, become incredibly overpowered because they no longer have a small kill radius as they were designed yet are completely unavoidable.

What you're doing is playing CoD4 at its easiest and claiming it's balanced. Congrats.

But I'm done trying to break down your impenetrable ego and fill your brain with a little common sense. You're dumb. End of story. I quit.

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
I'll say it again, SMG's own this game. No matter what you say, anyone with half a brain can put stopping power on, grab any SMG expect the skorpion and UZI because they are useless, Steady Aim and get a big score with it.

Not against someone who is using cover and and an AK or M4.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
But I'm done trying to break down your impenetrable ego and fill your brain with a little common sense. You're dumb. End of story. I quit.

:lol:

Look at the high school drama girl.

I bet the requirements to this conclusion is YOU and 2:00 AM. Funny on how you can go and insult someone for a matter of personal preferences. That's is dumb. Especially considering the fact that you once declared you preferred Hardcore over Normal.

I do not think Hardcore is balanced, but I definitively think that hardcore is more balanced than normal. Constantly using cover with a assault rifle is annoying. It works but in most case you will need to move in, that's where the SMG's gain all their power.

Otherwise you're a lamer camper and blah blah blah whatever. COD4 is a game for fun, nothing in this game is Royally balanced.

Mar 6, 2004
Well, time to figure out what i am doing wrong. Got owned all that day i played, took the next day off, getting owned all day today. One thing for sure is the rage is coming back, unlike before when i was as calm as f***!!! and cleared my mind, bah it's hard to do that, maybe some practising on my own will do some good. find some new places to hide on the maps, my reload problem is back too. I knew it was too good to be true, as i'm streaky as hell. Screw being streaky, i wanna be consistent. I guess the only way is to learn more routes to go, the ones i use aren't working either, i may be rushing abit too, but not like i used to. I need to go cover, to cover, and lay down for a few seconds searching the areas. Maybe trying to learn more strats will do me better too.

Last edited:

Defeat

Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
Attached file for the strike sniper jump for TDM play. Specifically for T2A` And yes, I did this on my first try ;0

Attachments

• sniperjump.rar
    54.4 KB · Views: 6

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Nice. But then you did it with a MP5. I suppose that if you're a sniper class you need to toss your pistol out?

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I couldn't get it with a sniper in my kit. Your overall speed is based on whichever guns you're carrying, not the one you have out. Out of ten or so tries I fell short a couple feet every time with a sniper.

Switched to an MP5 and got it on the first try. D:

Mar 6, 2004
Ugh, that damn server i play at is pissing me off, i was called a wallhacker 7 times while being a sniper including 2 who are admins, and a guy who was 45-9. Bunch of idiots!

Defeat

Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
I've started using the G3 for once in normal mode for fun. It's like the M16 just easier to use for sniping since the bullets only go in one place. I just keep having to remind myself to play defensively.

Defeat

Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
Done, although I didn't get it on my first try ;x

edit: I can get it every time now, it's just the timing that you need to get.

Attachments

• sniperstrikejump.rar
    42 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Yeah. Still couldn't do it. Got close a couple times but it was mostly just a lot of fail. Maybe the M21 makes you slightly less acrobatic?

Mar 6, 2004
Hell yeah 52-13! and was playing on the crash map, using my tactic and i went from 17-13 or so to 68-20 in 5 minutes and to end the map, it was like magic! i go to my spot and base rape them to hell! i could take 3 on 1's, 4 on 1's, they just kept falling like flies from a fly swatter! and they are all "what the hell?" my last map was crossfire, finished 29-4 with 7 of us, then left before the match was over, they all wanted to switch to knives only. Yesterday on my other profile i use just for fun i went 40-12 sniping on Overgrown, almost got banned for it too. Already been banned on that server once, i'm lucky as hell i am not banned again, i am walking a thin line with my little streaks i have every now and then. I wish i could stop being streaky and be consistent....

To be good on Bog you really need to be lucky, it's so wide open that it's luck to be awesome on it. Once you get a airstrike you will have a good ratio.

Oh right, and people suck! 2 more times called a cheater, and i was not doing good at all.:mad:

I like how when you are mad focused you know exactly when they come, or your finger becomes faster, on crash i killed alot that way. A nano second before they are in sight BOOM DEAD!

I really should not be excited like this sometimes, i bet you all see it and go "pfft that is it?" i seen alot of your scores, mine put you to sleep. Especially NRG, WTF!!!! how do you get 300 kills? i play on maps with the score limit your servers have and nobody gets even close to 300, let alone 150. My highest score i have seen is around 120 kills.