Doom 3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Predcaliber

One Day I'l Beat Lauke
Jun 17, 2003
The Netherlands
www.predcaliber.com
TossMonkey said:
Pred, one thing you do not want to do around here is insult long standing members of the forum (even if they insult you first). It won't count towards you and will make you look like a troll, you should consider lurking for a few months.

I am sorry, but you are really trying to say that I should say nothing because it is an long standig member? :con:

_Zd_Bee_ said:
Really? Read up on the material and u see it's still the same,but improved engine.

cmon, how can 2k3 be an improved engine?
Unreal to UT, k I understand that, well I dont know it for sure ( played2k3 4 times), but I can see that ut2k3 looks way different than UT, are you sure you are correct?

If you're a 15 year old kid (which I suspect) 50 euro's is alot of money,

18... shame to me hear you were thinking that :shake:

I think it doesnt matter about what game you are talking, $50 is way too much money for a game I think.

this is an old discussion, about piratery, copying cd's and the rest.

plz guys, I want to talk normally about it, so dont start a thing like beerbaron did.
and if, if there was something that I insulted peepz with, I am terrible sorry for that, trust me :)

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
|__>PrEdC/\LiBeR<__| said:
Cmon, how can 2k3 be an improved engine?
Unreal to UT, k I understand that, well I dont know it for sure ( played2k3 4 times), but I can see that ut2k3 looks way different than UT, are you sure you are correct?
Yes I am sure. Why are u even discussing it when u don't know what u talk about? :shake:

18... shame to me hear you were thinking that :shake:
Sorry it's the way u post, and your avatar doesn't really help :p ;)

I think it doesnt matter about what game you are talking, $50 is way too much money for a game I think.
this is an old discussion, about piratery, copying cd's and the rest.
I think u mix 2 different discussions. The one we were on was about game prices, not piracy. What would u pay max for a game then?

Predcaliber

One Day I'l Beat Lauke
Jun 17, 2003
The Netherlands
www.predcaliber.com
_Zd_Bee_ said:
Yes I am sure. Why are u even discussing it when u don't know what u talk about? :shake:

Cause Its extr hard to believe that 2k3 is an improved engine, and I still believe its an complete new engine.
only If you quote something from epic (of you really up to do that ;)) that I should keep my mouth about that forever

I think u mix 2 different discussions. The one we were on was about game prices, not piracy. What would u pay max for a game then?

one thing leads to another, if the prices are too high, people are going to copy cd's how simple is that? :(

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
|__>PrEdC/\LiBeR<__| said:
Cause Its extr hard to believe that 2k3 is an improved engine, and I still believe its an complete new engine.
only If you quote something from epic (of you really up to do that ;)) that I should keep my mouth about that forever

Im not sure if I can find a quote from epic, but I'm 100% sure it's still the same improved engine. Ask around in the 2k3/2k4 forums and people will tell u the same. :)
Edit: Here is the first, posted a couple of posts down.
Sir_Brizz said:
First, the Unreal Engine has never been rebuilt from scratch since 1994. Even UnrealEngine 3 is based on the same engine as Unreal Engine 1.
I wonder if u keep ur mouth now :eek: ;)

one thing leads to another, if the prices are too high, people are going to copy cd's how simple is that? :(
U still haven't answered my question, how much would u pay for a game like Doom? And copying happens with all the games, from all the priceranges.

Last edited:

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA

Wow, $50 is how much the ET Atari 2600 cartridge cost in 1982. And it was way too expensive! And about 1/100,000th of the work and engineering went in to it. I'm kind of amazed that game prices have stayed so low considering the amount of technological complexity many of them involve. Still the best entertainment value IMO.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Is Doom 3 really going to be $50 when it is released? Most PC Games these days are being released for as low as $35, the highest i've seen a PC Game in the last few months is $40.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
First, the Unreal Engine has never been rebuilt from scratch since 1994. Even UnrealEngine 3 is based on the same engine as Unreal Engine 1.

And all the UT games have to do with each other. They are all based upon a Tournament that was started back in the beginning of UT1.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I wonder what the new Cyberdemon will look like :)

Does anyone remember their first encounter with cybie? I do.
It was... well, shocking.
I just didn't realise what had hit me. There I was, lying on the floor.. splattered all over.
Pwned by a big, angry demon. His battlecry shake'n'quaked the level. Remember the first time you heard it? Classic moment I tell you.

One of the greatest monsters from the game.

SteelX

Jan 16, 2000
Was the Cyberdemon the one which was the boss of the second episode, and he was this big muscly thing with a hole in the middle of his tummy and rocket launchers for arms?

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
cyberdemon.jpg