Mod Request - Melee Weapons

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ROFL 451

Twisted Mind
Dec 25, 2003
Darkness
No, this doesn't mean swords, etc. It means, guns where Primary Shoots normal fire (pick what you want) and secondary pounds your gun into an enemies flesh.

Play some Halo: Combat Evolved to see what I mean!

Does about the same damage as a charged shieldgun blast, but doesn't throw them. Example: Some n00b is camping on Lightning Gun, "sniping". My sis does this and says "HEY! I only died because I didn't have the Lightning Gun!" But when she DOES have it, she camps on ammo. Not sniping. Camping.

Anyway, you come up behind him, holding some disruptor rifle, he doesn't notice you. You smash the butt of the gun down on the back of his neck, killing him. Now you get to say, "LOL! Melee'd you in the back of the head! LOOOOOOOOL!"

Any takers? I would help with this if it ever goes anywhere.

Note: You will need to model hands on the gun to make it look relistic when you smash it down on his head/torso/arm/leg.

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
Were working on this for the mod Im currently working on.

In theory you could make a mute that would allow for anyweapon to have a melee attack. Perhaps you could even just tip the front of the model up, then play the down and sellect animations.

But thats too complex for me.