Deaf Death

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

8mm_BuLLEt

I will rule the world!
Nov 3, 2003
South-south-west england
Visit site
This is a weapon which I though t up just a couple of minutes ago..

Soundwave Cannon

Primary fire : Fires a countinuous shockwave of sound which can deafen whoevers in the range of the cannon (about the radius and maybe a bit bigger than a 'deemer blast) if they stay in the radius long enough.

Secondary fire : The cannon lets off a MASSIVE red wave of sound which inflicts 80 damage. Is not continuous and deafens players in radius instantly. Radius is bigger.

Ammo type : If this is codable... The gun picks up sound from sounds around the holder. If not, ammo regenerates slowly.

Donator

Jun 26, 2003
Vienna
Visit site
I'll look into the deafening effect. Actually I started coding a thing I wanted to call "sonic pulse blaster" a while ago after downloading the latest version of Crimsonland (1.9.8), which has a very inspiring "pulse gun", but couldn't get the nifty lightbending effect that a compressed-air shockfront should have IMO to work, so better take a book and sit down... :lol:

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
Its been done in Unreal thats as for deafening, how it was done I dont know. I recall it sucked ass to get a concussion. Let me look into it.

yuriks

Oct 9, 2004
i thinks it is a sound_amplifier_multiplier variable or something like this...
i only found sound_dampening, but that is for generating sounds.
HearingThereshold is the minimum noise level, hummm...