Bounty Hunters ß5!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What do you want the most?

• New models

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • New sounds

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • New pants

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
ß5: Flamethrower flames don't disapear when they hit walls anymore.
Some things don't appear in DropDetailMode (mostly stuff that doesn't appear if not in high detail mode).
The flamethrower doesn't make noise underwater any more.
The flamethrower has a new sound.
You don't have to jump to fly with the rocket pack now.
Made the railgun's accuracy depend on how fast you're moving (average of your X, Y, and Z axis velocities divided by 15 plus 2).
The grappling hook now has a cable.
Blades work when EMPd and are switched to automatically when EMPd.
Flamer gives you a slight speed increase and the blades give you a greater increase than before.
You don't black out when hit by the rope anymore.
The grappling hook doesn't mess with your view rotation anymore.
Railgun has a new sound.
Got rid of the ugly faint yellow squares around flamethrower flames, though I doubt anyone will notice.
Crouching increases your railgun accuracy even when moving (average of your X, Y, and Z axis velocities divided by 15).
EMP grenade now does 10 damage.
EMP doesn't have a random trajectory anymore.
The blades now act right, doing more damage than they did in previous versions, and killing if you hit someone in the back.
Added a light flare to the rocket pack.
Flamethrower's stream does more damage.

Shot0000.gif

q_mi_4_3

Target pratice for others....
Jan 14, 2002
Somewhere in this world
Hooray for B5!

B5 is very good for a one person made mod. The new rope, flamerthrower,blades,and railgun are pretty good.

However, why does the new emp bomb have to do damage?(this make it too useful,therefore all the other weapons seem bad. I could play a whole match with bots just using this weapon)
I also dont think the jetpack is really use at all(1. There isnt a lot of outdoor levels and 2. the player takes some falling damge afterwards,depending on how high you fly. Maybe you could do something about it.) At last, I think the new grappling hook is not good, due to the fact that you see both the arrow and the beam(so it looks very weird). Maybe you can remove the arrow and just leave the beam in......

For the bExtra3 zoom, can you change it a bit to work more like the zoom on the UT sniper rifle? I mean we dont really need 45x zoom on every level,maybe just 1-8 or 9 time zoom would be fine.
Also,change it so that we dont really need to extend to the maxmium zoom before going back to normal view. Just the hold-stop-shoot-and return to normal view zooming should be good enough.

Use WORM to play a CTF game with the Bounty Hunter gun!!!!!!

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
EMP:
Point taken.

Rocket pack:
Look down when you're close to the ground and fire your rocket pack. It'll make you stop falling and move horrizontally a bit and when you start falling again you'll be close enough to the ground to not take damage.

Grappling hook:
The beam is temporary until I make a cable or chain, and a new hook that's not an arrow.

Zoom:
What if I made it zoom out (with walk + Extra3) twice as fast as it zooms in?

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Rocket pack:
I tried to make it dificult to control to give a reason to use the grappling hook. As it is I still very rarely use the hook. Maybe the hook should shoot out faster? That way you wouldn't have to wait so long before it started pulling you in.

Zoom:
I also want to make this not be dependent on the frame rate. As iit is you zoom in and out more slowly the slower your frame rate is.

Also, anyone who's been playing BH, ß6 seems like will mainly have new graphics and effects. I've already made the mini rockets' explosions very pretty. :D That doesn't mean I won't fix any reported bugs or quirks, though, of course. ;)

EasyRaider

Crazy coder
Sep 21, 2001
Norway
Cool mod, keep up the good work!

Bugs:
- Sometimes I see grappling beams "left behind" without a player attached to them. They vanish after a while (lifespan expires, I reckon). Dunno under what conditions this happens.
- You can fly around with the rocket pack after the match has ended.
- If you stand too close to a wall and fire a rocket, nothing happens. (I'd expect to blow myself up.)

Minor gameplay problems:
- The weighted rope/stun beam doesn't seem useful at all. I found it easier to hit with the rail or mini rockets, and that will kill instantly.
- You should get a percentage, not all, of the victim's score when you frag. Anyone can win with one lucky shot if they hit someone close to the score limit. And if you're in the lead and get poisoned or set on fire, it's always better to commit suicide than letting the opponent get the bounty.