UT2kX Unreal 2 Invasion Monsters

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

AlCapowned

Jan 20, 2010
Name:Unreal 2 Invasion Monsters
Version: Beta 2

Description:
This is an early release of over 30 Unreal 2 invasion monsters for UT2004. The filesize is gigantic because I used full packages from Unreal 2 in order to easily add more monsters later on.

The following monsters are included:
Flying snake
Seagoat
Snipe
Mega Snipe
Araknid (light, medium, alpha)
Killer Tadpole
Uglyfish
Rammer
Mini rammer
Drakk Droid
Skaarj (light, medium, heavy, alpha)
Parata
Mega Parata
Mukhogg
Mini mukhogg
Marshal
Marines, Izanagi, Liandri Angels (light, medium heavy)
Spore
Mega spore
Izarian
Izarian (armored)

The heavy araknids and tosc are also included, but they are incomplete.

Screenshots:

Changes:
-Beta 1 - initial release
-Beta 2:
Added the Mini Rammer
Added the Marshal, as well as light, medium, and heavy Marines, Liandri Angels, and Izanagi
Added normal and armored Izarians
Added normal and mega Spores
Added normal and mini Mukhoggs
Added the Tosc (incomplete) and Alpha Skaarj
Added seeking capability to Heavy Skaarj projectile
Added impaling ability to Heavy Skaarj, Heavy Araknid, Izarians, and Tosc (code by Milk)
Added blood effects similar to those in Unreal 2
Added footstep sounds and/or camera shaking effects to certain pawns
Added Unreal 2 sounds to gibs
Added proper gibs to the Drakk Droid
Changed Flying Snake behavior so that it has a chance to either fly or walk after spawning
Decreased volume of various creatures and the Skaarj projectiles
Fixed animation problems with the Ugly Fish and Snipe
Fixed a problem that caused the Flying Snake to not animate correctly while flying
Fixed a problem with the Skaarj's lunging ability that made the attack never do damage
Fixed a problem that would make multiple Skaarj projectiles explode prematurely
Gave Skaarj projectiles their respective ambient and explode sounds from Unreal 2
Increased the Rammer's size
Made improvements to the Medium Araknid
Made the particle effects for the Skaarj projectiles a little more accurate to those in Unreal 2
Reduced speed of Heavy Skaarj projectile and removed splash radius for all Skaarj projectiles
Replaced U2C_U2SkaarjA_O.uax and U2C_U2SkaarjO.uax with U2C_U2SKaarjA.uax and U2C_U2Skaarj.uax
The Flying Snake now plays the 'fall' animation properly on death

Known bugs:
1. The skaarj's lunging ability does not seem to always push the skaarj forward like it should.
2. Some monsters will spawn too many gibs (ie. one too many heads). This happens with the normal monsters, so I'm not sure if I can fix this.
3. The ugly fish and killer tadpole only work with the Satore Monster Pack because they are supposed to spawn in water. They will not work with Invasion Everywhere 2.
4. The alpha araknid does not have a unique gib set, so I gave it the generic one.
5. The tosc and heavy araknids are in a very early stage.
6. The skaarj will sometimes play incorrect animations (ie. strafing while moving forward). This happens with Epic's pawns as well, so I'm not sure if I can fix it.
7. Creatures that use models with the bone prefix of "Bip01" (the Tosc, Izarians, and humans) rotate oddly when turning or walking.
8. Sometimes monsters will stand around and do nothing.
9. The tosc does not have a death animation

Credits:
This pack would not be possible without VendorX's amazing U2GemExport script. Thank you so much for
this script, it works like a charm! It can be found in this thread: http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=200619
Legend Entertainment created the models, textures, and sounds that are featured in this pack.
The emitters for the Skaarj projectiles were made by Wail of Suicide.
All code (monster code, dummy actor) related to the execution-style kills (ie. the Tosc's grabbing attack, the skaarj's impaling attack) was made by rbthinktank's milk.
Milk, if you see think and want me to remove your code, I will do so. I tried several ways to contact you for permission, but nothing ever got through.
Thanks to Shaun Goeppinger for his great monsters tutorials and the code needed to make ragdolls optional.
Code for all of the weapon-wielding monsters by Satore
The emitters used for the Tosc's projectile were made by the Fraghouse team
The following people have patiently answered many of my questions: Meowcat, Parkis G, unrealloco, Shaun Goeppinger

Download: Unreal 2 Creatures Beta 2
Unreal 2 Creatures Beta 2 (ModdDB)