Unreal Interlude II GUITAR COVER

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

valter_abreu

Space Marine
Mar 22, 2013
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Hello, I'm a new guy here and I'm not sure if I should post this here but I wanted to show to the Unreal community my guitar arrangement of Alexander Brandon's Unreal Interlude II from Return To Na Pali:

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX2_Am6BbpU[/M]

I hope you guys like it, this is my favourite game of all time and I made this cover with lots of love and respect. :)

Cheers/
V

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Welcome to BU. Don't worry about anaemic, we have our share of inconsiderate assholes here.

A fellow Reaper user! And a nice setup you have there, what kind of studio monitors are you using? You did a great job on the track, it sounds very nice. Did you use a session drummer or a DAW/VST/Soundfont for the drums? Definitely check out the musicians and music producers thread we have going here.

I also run a simple home studio (soon to be a legit recording studio.) Here's a short list of my setup:

Yamaha MM6 Synth Workstation
Native Instruments MASCHINE MKII
Stering Audio ST69 Tube Condensor
2 Pairs Audio Technical ATH-M30s
A pair of Alesis studio monitors
TASCAM US144 MKII 4-in/4-out interface
Ultimate Support Pro-T-T
Stedman Proscreen XL Pop Filter
LiveWire 4-Way Headphone Amp
M-Audio MIDISport USB MIDI chipset
Tons of patch cables :D

[SCREENSHOT]http://i.imgur.com/GdNjS37.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Last edited:

valter_abreu

Space Marine
Mar 22, 2013
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Well, it's funny because i'm 21, but I don't think my age is important here :)

DarkED: About the monitors, I'm using a great Technics stereo that I've been keeping for some years, the speakers are really great :p I would really like to use a session drummer for my stuff but for this cover I used Steven Slate Drums, it's a really nice drum library that you can use with Kontakt :)

Reaper ftw btw.

I will check out that music thread, thank you. I'm really glad you guys liked it :)

theabyss

No One Here Gets Out Alive
Dec 3, 2005
East Coast
Well its not every day you see a balding 15 year old
You're a dickhead, seriously.

@valter_abreu

Great work man and welcome. Did you clean up your desk for this video? ;) So clean. I would love to have a setup like this. I guess I'm still "old-school" working with a Fostex, Alesis drum computer, and recording my Guitar via Shure mics directly from the Marshall amp.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Hello, I'm a new guy here and I'm not sure if I should post this here but I wanted to show to the Unreal community my guitar arrangement of Alexander Brandon's Unreal Interlude II from Return To Na Pali:

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX2_Am6BbpU[/M]

I hope you guys like it, this is my favourite game of all time and I made this cover with lots of love and respect. :)

Cheers/
V

:( 80's rock :( :( :(

valter_abreu

Space Marine
Mar 22, 2013
Portugal
www.youtube.com
welcome ! nice music, I hope you'll stay here a bit even if the first impression must not have been the best. :)

Thank you :) I can easily ignore non-important or unrelated comments and I'll definitely stay here, so don't worry :p

Well that was unexpectedly well done. Nice job! :tup:

Why use a strap when sitting down though?

The reason why I use a strap when sitting down is because it has strap-locks, being a lazy guy I never bother to take it off :)

--

For the rest of you guys, thank you! I'll make some more covers soon :p

Last edited:

valter_abreu

Space Marine
Mar 22, 2013
Portugal
www.youtube.com
You're a dickhead, seriously.

@valter_abreu

Great work man and welcome. Did you clean up your desk for this video? ;) So clean. I would love to have a setup like this. I guess I'm still "old-school" working with a Fostex, Alesis drum computer, and recording my Guitar via Shure mics directly from the Marshall amp.

Yes, I cleaned it up. :lol: I would like to mic some real amps instead of using amp modelling, but this is what I have right now :)

DarkSonny

Beware!
Apr 8, 2008
Malaga, Spain
Welcome to BU. Don't worry about anaemic, we have our share of inconsiderate assholes here.

A fellow Reaper user! And a nice setup you have there, what kind of studio monitors are you using? You did a great job on the track, it sounds very nice. Did you use a session drummer or a DAW/VST/Soundfont for the drums? Definitely check out the musicians and music producers thread we have going here.

I also run a simple home studio (soon to be a legit recording studio.) Here's a short list of my setup:

Yamaha MM6 Synth Workstation
Native Instruments MASCHINE MKII
Stering Audio ST69 Tube Condensor
2 Pairs Audio Technical ATH-M30s
A pair of Alesis studio monitors
TASCAM US144 MKII 4-in/4-out interface
Ultimate Support Pro-T-T
Stedman Proscreen XL Pop Filter
LiveWire 4-Way Headphone Amp
M-Audio MIDISport USB MIDI chipset
Tons of patch cables :D

[SCREENSHOT]http://i.imgur.com/GdNjS37.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

That is I call a m-m-m-monsterkill machine :)

valter_abreu

Space Marine
Mar 22, 2013
Portugal
www.youtube.com
I would really like to share my other stuff, but the forum moderator doesn't seem to accept my reply :p Well, you guys can search for Deus EX UNATCO GUITAR Cover on youtube, that's a cover I made about two years ago, I'm thinking on remaking it soon :)