DM-Fade (UT99)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Pomperi

Customized
Nov 24, 2005
Göteborg, Sweden
Sarevok said:
my only complaint is the dull lighting and textures, everything is white and gray

I guess that's the "like or hate" part, because black and white was the whole theme. I will try to bring a little more attention to the lighting though...

madscientist327

Pure Genius
Apr 24, 2005
The Milky Way Galaxy
I keep on getting this error when I try to run the map "Invalid music format in Music DM-Fade.MyLevel" it is followed by many arrows and words. Help me please. I tried running other maps and they work so it has to be this map that is the problem.

madscientist327

Pure Genius
Apr 24, 2005
The Milky Way Galaxy
Pomperi here are the arrows and words that follow: "History: UALAudioSubsystem::RegisterMusic <- UALAudioSubsystem::Update <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport:: Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop"

I tried running the game with the the original Galaxy Sounddriver and it works, but when I try to use FMOD or OpenAL I receive an error. :hmm: It seems that your map is incompatible with them. If you don't know what I am talking about go to OldUnreal.com And is any one else using FMod or OpenAl?

Edit: And that big grin is supposed to a colon and a capitalized D. Somehow it turned into a big grin....

Last edited:

Pomperi

Customized
Nov 24, 2005
Göteborg, Sweden
madscientist: I wish I knew what's causing this error, but frankly, I don't have a clue. It could be the music file itself, though I doubt that's the case. Im not very good at engine stuff...
My only guess would be that there is something wrong when loading the song from MyLevel, since thats the only thing that differs from most other maps with custom music. I've never had any problems with it before, and it seems like no one else has the same problem :/
You could always try some of my other dm:s where I've used the same way to store the music file, because that way you could tell if it's the MyLevel part or the song module itself that is the problem.
Glad you're so interested in playing my map =)

nude_monster: I'll take that as a compliment ;)

madscientist327

Pure Genius
Apr 24, 2005
The Milky Way Galaxy
Pomperi, I tried your DM-MadScientistsLair, DM-Avghazer, DM-1on1-Gastly, and DM-1on1-Pier41. They all are able to run. Only problem I noticed was that in Pier41 the game would crash for no reason after a couple of minutes of playing and would not leave an error message.